ATV Drag Racer Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
I like it, another asphalt quad!!! Let us know when you get some runs under the belt. Are you running 1/8 or 1/4 mile?

Bryan

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
[quote name='1700camaro' date='Jul 20 2008, 08:53 PM' post='5963']
I like it, another asphalt quad!!! Let us know when you get some runs under the belt. Are you running 1/8 or 1/4 mile? This is going to be a 1/8 bike. The last bike I had was a very similar setup. It would trap around 120 in the 1/4 on the radar gun. Never timed that bike for et, ended up selling it. These things are getting so fast, I don't think it's to safe to run 1/4 on the street anymore. Got aggravated with the whole street race scene. Been street racing banshee's since the late 90's.

·
Registered
1,003,688 Posts
sweet bike !!! i want those front wheels and hubs....

got a ? ... whats the x brace on the back for ?... wheelie bar ?

·
Registered
230 Posts
QUOTE (kawiking @ Jul 22 2008, 07:52 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=6211sweet bike !!! i want those front wheels and hubs....

got a ? ... whats the x brace on the back for ?... wheelie bar ?

When I get time we plan on adding the same x brace to our quad. The main reason we need it is to help reduce the flex between the bearing carrier tube and the swingarm tubes. We can actually see the flex when lifting up on the wheelie bar.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
QUOTE (1700camaro @ Jul 26 2008, 11:02 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=6569When I get time we plan on adding the same x brace to our quad. The main reason we need it is to help reduce the flex between the bearing carrier tube and the swingarm tubes. We can actually see the flex when lifting up on the wheelie bar. There was some flexing going on with the swingarm. Also the strut puts alot of strain on the frame because of the extreme angle. The brace help relieve some of that.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I still need to re-assemble the wheel bar and mount it . I'll take another pic when I get-r-done.

·
Registered
153 Posts
WOW, That is truely one of the nicest, uncluttered, not overly blinged builds I have seen. Awesome job.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Vehicle Tread Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle
Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Vehicle Automotive tire Wheel bar pics. I did not make it, it came with the bike. I would have done somethings different. I will probably make some changes to it for more adjustability. Still, not a bad bar.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.