ATV Drag Racer Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Banned
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got my bike to the track friday and 1st pass about mid track it started detonating and had a lean rev so let out of it so i take off plugs right side looked decent left side lean/rich condition so tore carbs down cleaned them tried again same thing so i tried everything i knew and nothing..well got to talkin to peps and the hoses on the pjs on my billet 48's were small 1/8 hoses and i had way bigger ones on it so thinkin it was that so sunday swapped hoses and same chit..well i tightened all the cylinder bolts put some thread tape on my bung for fuel pump which i dont run but was thinkin it may be leaking around threads so get bac to run it and bam i blow my sidecover out again..anyway i was thinking it may be flywheel key sheered so took that off and looks great also checked behind front sprocket that was good and sealed so anybody else have a clue whats going on lmk..timing at 10*..48mm billet carbs had 124 dumps powerjets wideopen..you guys think the 124s are to small because at lil sandy the bike ran great but the timing was @ 8* and the throttle slide was only coming up about half way so im thinking they may be to small so i put 125 dumps today and richened my needle one click how does that sound?..

·
Banned
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
QUOTE (Radar @ Aug 20 2009, 06:48 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=53831[quote name='Kawiking' date='Aug 19 2009,but why was it blown ur side cover off ?

Yeah why and how. What cover.

why and how...because big motors like to kickback from so much compression and need to be started with a starter box which a kicker mod would have helped also..the crazy part is my motor is setup for spray and has alot of compression taken out of it and if i had domes for just motor i wouldnt be able to kick start it...

·
Premium Member
1,953 Posts
Pardon me for not knowin what u were talking about. Don't get your panties in a twist, just tryin to figure out what u were sayin.You made it sound like some nitro dragbike explosion happened. .

·
Banned
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
QUOTE (Radar @ Aug 20 2009, 10:08 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=53857Pardon me for not knowin what u were talking about. Don't get your panties in a twist, just tryin to figure out what u were sayin.You made it sound like some nitro dragbike explosion happened. .

im gonna ignore the smart azz remark this time...u asked a ? and i answered it...but most people that drag race knows what a dam kickback is..if not why does k&t,whiteknuckle..etc..make the kicker mods!!!..

·
Banned
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
QUOTE (Koolguyson @ Aug 20 2009, 07:24 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=53837Well don't be such a pansy. Kick it all the way through. You are a big boy. Show it who's boss

and it wasnt my fault this time it was my jockey this go around...which i dont blame him because it happens on motors that has alot of power unlike yours kool
i had to which was a joke and i know you can take one unlike some peps..lol..dont wanna get my panties in a wad
and i dont even wear panties i go commando..lol..

·
Premium Member
1,245 Posts
QUOTE (tripledsracing @ Aug 21 2009, 12:45 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=53901and it wasnt my fault this time it was my jockey this go around...which i dont blame him because it happens on motors that has alot of power unlike yours kool
i had to which was a joke and i know you can take one unlike some peps..lol..dont wanna get my panties in a wad
and i dont even wear panties i go commando..lol..

Richen the bottom end up and it won't kick back. Kick backs are just detonation.

Radar, if a motor kicks back hard enough it can do a number of things. It can pop the snap ring off of the idler gear and run the snap ring and D ring through the motor. It can break the idler gear and/or the kicker gear on the back of the basket. And if you don't have a kicker mod it can even come back violently enough to split the clutch cover. This was a big reason for the billet clutch covers that you see now.

Dave. It isn't that your motor is making big power, it is that you have it trying to murder itself. It would rather break a cover than succumb to making a pass for you. Poor thing.

·
Banned
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
QUOTE (Koolguyson @ Aug 21 2009, 02:16 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=53910Richen the bottom end up and it won't kick back. Kick backs are just detonation.

Radar, if a motor kicks back hard enough it can do a number of things. It can pop the snap ring off of the idler gear and run the snap ring and D ring through the motor. It can break the idler gear and/or the kicker gear on the back of the basket. And if you don't have a kicker mod it can even come back violently enough to split the clutch cover. This was a big reason for the billet clutch covers that you see now.

Dave. It isn't that your motor is making big power, it is that you have it trying to murder itself. It would rather break a cover than succumb to making a pass for you. Poor thing.

i bet the prob could have been the needle and seats for a pump and i wasnt running one could have been the prob all along..lol..lean,lean,lean ...id say a motor pushing around 170-175+ isnt alot but its enough to beat yo azz..lol..just kiddin but i ordered a starter box and a direct drive cover and a kicker mod so hopefully problem is solved if not il let u kick it for me if u will..

·
Premium Member
1,245 Posts
The kicker mod would have been enough IMO. As long as it has enough fuel to keep it from detonating, it won't kick back and break stuff. Oh, and stop kicking it like a girl!

Lol, who told you that motor is making 175hp+? Maybe with nitrous!

·
Banned
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
QUOTE (Koolguyson @ Aug 22 2009, 01:18 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=53947The kicker mod would have been enough IMO. As long as it has enough fuel to keep it from detonating, it won't kick back and break stuff. Oh, and stop kicking it like a girl!

Lol, who told you that motor is making 175hp+? Maybe with nitrous!

i told myself that..
..id about gaurantee this motor is pushing 160-170 on motor and on spray who knows..what you think its pushin?..100hp..lol..i had a nate mccoy 7mil cub dynoed at 117hp and this motor is alot more motor plus nates dyno is stingy..anyway lmk how much?..soon as i get a good pass on it il show u the #s it runs also w/my fat azz on it..by the way whats your motors hp?..which u could be right but im going by feel and thats not to accurate..lol..maybe oneday il get it dynoed and blow your mind

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.