ATV Drag Racer Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First question, what do the numbers on the floats mean? I have 2 sets of lectrons that were purchased new and none of the float numbers match across the 4 carbs. I've got a mix of #s from 30 to 77. I assume they are float weights but don't know what should be in there for alky/nitro?

Second question, the carbs can be used with one or two floats per bowl. Why would you run one vs. two or two vs. one? I have Packard's billet bowls on both sets if that makes any difference.

Third question, the floats can be installed with the pin closer to the needle/seat or at the other end the float tab. Why would you run the float(s) with the pin closest to the needle/seat or at the end of the float tab?

Thanks!

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Packard said the numbers don't matter except for left/right (odd/even?). He said that they probably meant weight but he never saw any difference between the numbers.

For nitro, he uses screw in pins instead of glued in pins. That's why I started this investigation, one of my glued in pins came loose and I went through all my floats.

He said to only run one float unless you were having trouble sealing the needle/seat, then run two. I'm sure a pump puts more pressure on the needle/seat than gravity feed so that's probably one reason to run dual floats.

He said that he used to run the pins close to the needle/seat but stopped doing it and only runs them with the pins at the far edge of the float tab.

I ordered four new nitro floats and will keep the others as spares.

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
good info!! just shows that if you have a question ask the REAL experts sometimes you might be suprised. i always run one float on a gravity feed.. with out billet bowls i have never sucked the bowls dry even full rev in 5th gear on a 500-600ft run.. ( but thats just me)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.