ATV Drag Racer Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got this carb, needle was way out of wack. corroded very bad and keeps dumping fuel through overflow.

Was setup on a gravity feed, right not i have it set at 52.8, cleaned all the parts free of corriosion. But still dumping fuel to overflow. I wanted to double check and see if these bowls are on the correct way...

This is when i first got the carb, very clean now!

·
Premium Member
2,469 Posts
Make sure there is nothing on the needle for the fuel if so it will let fuel run out like crazy.

The floats should be seat @ a certian measurement but i dont know what it is supposed to be @.

Also i think your needle is set a little to lean to me.

I also think the floats are on backwards you need the nub's to be on the backside of the tabs to help push the needle closed faster.

·
Premium Member
1,953 Posts
floats backwards I'd also bend the prongs to where the float pin just touches the end of the brass arm. I think they usually run needles in a 4 poke in the 42 to 50mm range dont they.

·
Premium Member
3,418 Posts
Are the guide holes on those floats that worn/torn (especially the left side) or is it just a bad picture.

If they're torn/worn that bad, they could easily rock on the guide post and cause it to not shut the needle and seat and dump fuel. Take the bottom off again, get a few good pics....with that much corrosion, you might have to get a small wire brush or something and clean everything out.
Don't be afraid to remove the needle and seat....

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Heres some pictures i got.... let me kno what you think? Im going to reclean everything really good here in a bit... The floats themselves are worn but not as bad as the picture made it look. Let me kno if you guys need any more pictures... Its all apart Thanks

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cleaned everything again, stuck back on, fuel filled the bowl to the very top, floats went up very easy but fuel started flowing out the overflows again.

Now would this be
A. I need new seat for the float?
B. I need to adjust the flaot
c. all above

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.