ATV Drag Racer Forums banner

lectron ?

2K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  Desy17 
#1 ·
I just got a set of 38/40 hv lectron set up from packard for alky I'm putting them on a 7mm cub should I run the billet float bowl I'm not running a pump, And will these be a good size carb for my motor and can you pull the peace out of the bore that necks them down to a 38mm

#2 ·
QUOTE (onebig04dodge @ Apr 1 2009, 10:01 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=36647I just got a set of 38/40 hv lectron set up from packard for alky I'm putting them on a 7mm cub should I run the billet float bowl I'm not running a pump, And will these be a good size carb for my motor and can you pull the peace out of the bore that necks them down to a 38mm

Are you sure they're 38/40 HV, I thought the HV were 4mil difference in numbers, I could be wrong.
And if packard set them up, leave them. Just get your needle length close (probably 46 to 48mm) and let it fly.

They'll work, but for alky I like a bigger carb.
I use 40/44 Lectrons on mine, bored to 41.3 setup by Packard for my 10 mil.

#3 ·
Yes on the bowls. If they were setup for alky and dont have big bowls they may have 3.3 seats which is a pump seat not meant for gravity flow so you will need to get the bigger (I believe 3.5) seats from packard.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.