ATV Drag Racer Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is a pic of some blaster tuning yesterday. This is still a little one: stock stroke, stock cylinder (68mm bore), big Carb (39 pwk w/250r thumb throttle lol) , Shearer pipe, stock head(o-ringed/ reconfigured), Stk ignition, setup for pump gas, but tested on 110 mix.

We didn't get to test all of the pipes we had yet, but the little rascal is starting to sound pretty healthy.
All I have for now is this phone pic: Rectangle Slope Font Parallel Pattern

·
Registered
282 Posts
thats a strong blasty for sure.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Man! Thats 16 resonant pulses for sure. According to my calculations, thats 3hp for each resonant pulse! Thats gotta be good hp.

·
Registered
90 Posts
That's pretty good for the Blaster, though that 450 YFZ curve seems a bit odd
(nothing like my 450 based machines...)

Nonetheless, that Blaster probably will suprise a few people. (trying to get a co-worker of mine to send you his son's blaster motor to be worked over...).

Regards,

Rog

·
Registered
19 Posts
Got a blaster in our camp, will have to talk to him while in Glamis, and maybe get that up there.

Now get back to work on that Sphinx.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Thats a mean blaster...

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
That's pretty good for the Blaster, though that 450 YFZ curve seems a bit odd
(nothing like my 450 based machines...)

Nonetheless, that Blaster probably will suprise a few people. (trying to get a co-worker of mine to send you his son's blaster motor to be worked over...).

Regards,

Rog
Don't tease me Roger. lol That is Blasterman88 (Danny)stock 2005, or 2006 450 when it was new. I went through 10 yfz customer files to find a stk 450 over 40hp. Looks like ther are some Hondas in 09 that bill tested that were stronger, but I don't know if they are stock. The strongest we have on file that I can find is a 511 Honda race motor that makes makes over 55hp on our dyno. And that is all they make on the same dyno, and that was after jetting. And the claims that the 4 strokes have all the usable power isn't always the case. That's modded 200 Blaster vs. stk 450 .

I hope to have our bigger cc Blaster on the dyno Saturday, hopefully. And maybe it will make more power, and we can post it up against a modded 450, just for fun. But I better go for now and get Rupp250's Sphynx done before he shoots me...lol

·
Registered
43 Posts
Don't tease me Roger. lol That is Blasterman88 (Danny)stock 2005, or 2006 450 when it was new. I went through 10 yfz customer files to find a stk 450 over 40hp. Looks like ther are some Hondas in 09 that bill tested that were stronger, but I don't know if they are stock. The strongest we have on file that I can find is a 511 Honda race motor that makes makes over 55hp on our dyno. And that is all they make on the same dyno, and that was after jetting. And the claims that the 4 strokes have all the usable power isn't always the case. That's modded 200 Blaster vs. stk 450 .

I hope to have our bigger cc Blaster on the dyno Saturday, hopefully. And maybe it will make more power, and we can post it up against a modded 450, just for fun. But I better go for now and get Rupp250's Sphynx done before he shoots me...lol
I don't think power will be as much a problem as the frame length...or the brakes.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Ill bet that thing will rock in a chassie though...nice numbers Nate.You are one yallented man fo sure...thats why u get all my motor work!

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Sorry for those anxiously waiting, but we didn't get all of the parts in to run the blaster Sat. This week is not looking good either. Not that this saga is on everyone's to-watch list, but just wanted to say that the bigger motor will still be tested soon.

·
Registered
767 Posts
well for what it's worth I am anxious too LOL.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Nate,

Pretty awesome! What would you expect out of a Blaster motor setup to run alcohol?

It'd be neat to see what you could do with a CT Sonic aftermarket big bore cylinder, a 4 mill stroker crank, (netting 248cc), and all the supporting pieces...

Regards,

Rog

1 - 18 of 18 Posts