ATV Drag Racer Forums banner

lock out and clutch spring tuning? banshee help?

9K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Nyrepollder 
#1 ·
I am trying to get the right combo for my setup

I dont run a bar just a longer swinger and need a little slip out of the gate

I am running a billet basket,

I can run a barnett or ebc clutch have both in front of me

barnett springs, barnett hd springs, ebc hd springs, stock springs

Also I am running a dd lock out with just the bolt and nut as the weights I have washers and longer bolts to add weight

I have heard running stock springs, 1/2 and 1/2 stock to heavy, also I have heard for alot of slip out of the gate run 4 stock springs and do away with the other 2 and run more lock out weight.

Just need some help while I have things apart in front of me

This is on a 4mil cheetah with a clean up port, duneable, 39 pwk,s alot of timing on the dyna fs also I am gonna hook up the launch control and use that aswell.

one other thing this on a stock frame with a 6 over arm with 80.5 rollout 12 paddle taller haulers so its tends to be a handful

thanks

chris

See less See more
#2 ·
80" rollout, taller haulers, no bar!.......I don't think you need to slip a clutch....I think you need some 72" to 74 " rollouts in an extreme. You've got WAY too much tire there for that setup.

#5 ·
i run on dirt sometimes very hard some times almost like powdery sand.

I need alot of tire but at times it is too much, for what i paid for the tires mounted i couldnt turn them down.

Depending on traction I can get alot of tuning with tire pressure.

I put 2 washers on every other finger and ran 3 barnet hd springs and 3 worn out stockers runs good seems to hold well and is easy to slip.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.