ATV Drag Racer Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i bought a brand new lockout for my boys banshee.. first i put a baranett clutch with the heavy duty springs in... so when we ride it it won't shift tell you let it come almost back to a idle.. so then i put the softer springs in.. alittle better, but still really sucks.. i am wondering if it is from the baranett clutch plates ? are they alittle thiner making the arms on the lockout to close to much and not want to unlock when you pull the clutch ? it is on a 4 mill.... i put one on me yfz and it works with out any problems.. thanks for any help

·
Registered
49 Posts
QUOTE (millertime @ Apr 28 2009, 04:22 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=40163well i bought a brand new lockout for my boys banshee.. first i put a baranett clutch with the heavy duty springs in... so when we ride it it won't shift tell you let it come almost back to a idle.. so then i put the softer springs in.. alittle better, but still really sucks.. i am wondering if it is from the baranett clutch plates ? are they alittle thiner making the arms on the lockout to close to much and not want to unlock when you pull the clutch ? it is on a 4 mill.... i put one on me yfz and it works with out any problems.. thanks for any help
Normally on a banshee you have to run a needle bearing pusher on the clutch and most people run a override tranny. I have this setup on my 4mil cub and it shifts fine.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ya undersatnd a override will make it shift nice... but before i put the lockout on it would still shift.. well shift like a banshee.. now the only change was adding the loskout .. thats what kind of gets me... i only put the lockout on becuse the boy is a big kid... and allways goes thru cluthches..thought i would save some money in the long run... but now it just sucks to ride when it won't shift ... i will order the pancake bearing ... i have beeen going to do that after he welded the ball to the rod before... and i don't mind spending some money to get it working , but i don't know if i want to buy a overide for it becuse of the lockout.. if that is the case direct drive should say you need a over ride tanny on a banshee to ues a lockout on it..

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
I run a 421 cub with lockout and no override and have no shifting problems at all. Check all your clutch components, make sure there's no major slop. Check the shift shaft adjustment under the clutch cover as well.

·
Premium Member
2,469 Posts
I would make sure that one of the little arms are not under it, if it was that would make it locked up all the time.

I have the same clutch's on our 350 with a direct drive lockout and mine moved in and out fine.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
i had a simular problem on my honda and it ended up being the cable...... it ran and worked the day before installation and then it was hard to shift and pull in once installed... new cable and it was fixed

·
Registered
250 Posts
QUOTE (morse250r @ Apr 28 2009, 10:19 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=40224i had a simular problem on my honda and it ended up being the cable...... it ran and worked the day before installation and then it was hard to shift and pull in once installed... new cable and it was fixed

Mine also has a barnett clutch with a lockout and I have no problems. I would pull it apart and look everything over good, probably something simple.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i have had it apart a few times now.... the clutch lever pulls easy and you can watch the clutch open when it is turned off... it pulls nice running to... i just remebered that a year or so ago when i had it apart the basket was getting goves in it , so i took and filed them flat agin. (i lloked ffor groves the other day but forgot i had done that) . that mite be letting it bind i guess...i will order a new basket today. i put a new clutch boss in it the other day.. shifter pin is adjusted.. thanks for all the input !!!!!! stock basket or after market ?

·
Registered
250 Posts
QUOTE (millertime @ Apr 28 2009, 11:25 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=40242i have had it apart a few times now.... the clutch lever pulls easy and you can watch the clutch open when it is turned off... it pulls nice running to... i just remebered that a year or so ago when i had it apart the basket was getting goves in it , so i took and filed them flat agin. (i lloked ffor groves the other day but forgot i had done that) . that mite be letting it bind i guess...i will order a new basket today. i put a new clutch boss in it the other day.. shifter pin is adjusted.. thanks for all the input !!!!!! stock basket or after market ?

I am still running a stock basket that has been filed, I plan to upgrade that soon though.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.