ATV Drag Racer Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has everyone heard what a 10mm DMX motor putting out for horsepower and torque?

I know that Dan Hull's 10mm DMX with turbo is putting out 230hp.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Heard he is breaking trannies left and right also. I think he is about the only one i know of that has turbol bigger than a stock stroke. I have a question though. Why is it that the best crank for a stock stroke turbo banshee motor is the stock banshee crank instead of a billet one? With a 4mm or 10mm cub its suggested to run a billet crank b/c of the torque and hp it makes, but with a turbo making a 135 to 150 a stock banshee crank is suggested..

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE (jayshafer @ Oct 28 2008, 09:19 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=14207Heard he is breaking trannies left and right also. I think he is about the only one i know of that has turbol bigger than a stock stroke. I have a question though. Why is it that the best crank for a stock stroke turbo banshee motor is the stock banshee crank instead of a billet one? With a 4mm or 10mm cub its suggested to run a billet crank b/c of the torque and hp it makes, but with a turbo making a 135 to 150 a stock banshee crank is suggested..
Dan Hull is using a billet 1-5 tranny now and having no problems.
Before he had problems back loading the tranny when the clutch would slip too much.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
QUOTE (GPracerX @ Nov 11 2008, 12:48 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=15715stock welded cranks can handle a lot of power but there is no reason a billit crank would not be superior on turbo...
Dan's not breaking billet cranks. He was breaking cut stock trannies everytime he ran the dragger.
But since last September. He is using a billet 1-5 tranny and having no problems with it all all.

Dan is using stock cases with that turbo 10mil DMX.

·
Registered
148 Posts
QUOTE (Planet Asphalt @ Nov 11 2008, 03:33 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=15728Dan's not breaking billet cranks. He was breaking cut stock trannies everytime he ran the dragger.
But since last September. He is using a billet 1-5 tranny and having no problems with it all all.

Dan is using stock cases with that turbo 10mil DMX.

What about K&t's turbo dmx? did they ever get it to run? I relize they have more important things on their mind right now..
and how about Dans turbo simitar? does he still have it togther?

·
Registered
534 Posts
I'm gonna say aroud 140 built right (on my dyno anyway). That makes it around 175 on a lot of the more generous dyno's. There is not going to be a lot of difference between a dm, and a dmx yet. There is more difference between the two in tuning, than bore size at this point.

·
Registered
21 Posts
QUOTE (REDLINE @ Nov 30 2008, 01:12 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=17763I'm gonna say aroud 140 built right (on my dyno anyway). That makes it around 175 on a lot of the more generous dyno's. There is not going to be a lot of difference between a dm, and a dmx yet. There is more difference between the two in tuning, than bore size at this point.
He had a turbo cub down here, not the DMX

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.