ATV Drag Racer Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my buddy wanted me to ask this question. what exactly does a cherry bomb and a commander do for the ltr and can they be used together?

·
Registered
721 Posts
I dont know how much power they make exactly but i do know its a good gain with the cherry bomb, air box lid off and pea shooter taken out. i dont knwo for sure on the power commander but i would assume you have to have one with a pipe and this would replace the cherry bomb. Big price diff in the power commander and cherry bomb

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
QUOTE (joshb @ Nov 17 2008, 04:55 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=16461I dont know how much power they make exactly but i do know its a good gain with the cherry bomb, air box lid off and pea shooter taken out. i dont knwo for sure on the power commander but i would assume you have to have one with a pipe and this would replace the cherry bomb. Big price diff in the power commander and cherry bomb
acts like a rev box more rpms may change the curve too

·
Registered
6 Posts
The cherry bomb accesses what they call a "race map" thats already programmed in to the ecu that increases the rev limiter and changes the fuel mapping for the fuel injection to match the air when you remove the lid and baffle.

You can run the cherry bomb and PC but you get a rev extension plug with the PC which acts just like the cherry bomb so you can run either. I run the cherry bomb and PC.

I run the FuelATV intake and DASA pipe and you need something besides just a cherry bomb, if not you are dangerously lean. But I think with other pipes and intakes you can get by with just the cherry bomb.

·
Registered
81 Posts
QUOTE (jtraptor660 @ Nov 18 2008, 08:00 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=16531so the cherry bomb is a cheaper version of the pc

No exactly the cherry bomb lacks the tunning that is offered with the PC3, but the CB is a plug and play piece that requires no real tunning. I have dynoed a bike with a CB, exhaust and intake and have been fine as far as the a/f goes...

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
QUOTE (Outlaw Innovations @ Nov 18 2008, 08:25 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=16549No exactly the cherry bomb lacks the tunning that is offered with the PC3, but the CB is a plug and play piece that requires no real tunning. I have dynoed a bike with a CB, exhaust and intake and have been fine as far as the a/f goes...

makes sense.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yeah it depends on what type of exhaust and intake you are using and what elevation you are at. The stock exhaust on the LTR with the baffle out flows as well as many aftermarket exhausts which would explain why you wouldnt necessarily need a PC with certain systems. If you are looking to just run a Cherry Bomb I would have to suggest the Yoshi system. You can run them with just the cherry bomb and make good power with a very good quality exhaust.

·
Registered
306 Posts
QUOTE (Kaiser @ Nov 17 2008, 10:46 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=16512The cherry bomb accesses what they call a "race map" thats already programmed in to the ecu that increases the rev limiter and changes the fuel mapping for the fuel injection to match the air when you remove the lid and baffle.

You can run the cherry bomb and PC but you get a rev extension plug with the PC which acts just like the cherry bomb so you can run either. I run the cherry bomb and PC.

I run the FuelATV intake and DASA pipe and you need something besides just a cherry bomb, if not you are dangerously lean. But I think with other pipes and intakes you can get by with just the cherry bomb.

Perfect explantation

I Have a DASA Exhaust, 400ex Filter, Hotcam Intake Cam and PC3...I dyno'd at 53HP and a perfect curve. Took about 15 runs to get it right but man it runs like a champ.

·
Registered
80 Posts
QUOTE (okatvrider @ Jan 16 2009, 09:10 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=26097Perfect explantation

I Have a DASA Exhaust, 400ex Filter, Hotcam Intake Cam and PC3...I dyno'd at 53HP and a perfect curve. Took about 15 runs to get it right but man it runs like a champ.

the number was more like 50..... but I do understand how 15 sounds like 50 when you're all busy smokin cigarettes while the actual guy making all that power is hard at work ha ha ha you're so gay.

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
i'd love to see an ltr shaved lightened and all drag part out. axle a-arms swingarm big motor bet they would run great..

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.