ATV Drag Racer Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a quote from Vader and BadinBlack over on LTR450hq.com

QUOTE (Vader @ Jan 14 2009, 09:45 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=358078Here are the results of last weekend's Glamis FSA race #2. Jan 10th, 2009

Glamis 2009 - "Four Stroke Wars"
Kids Class 4 - 7 years
N/A

Kids Class 8 - 11 years
1st - Breeann Sasselli, Suzuki LT 80

Kids Class 12 - 15 years
N/A

450cc Bolt On Class
1st - Carl Morris, Kenz YFZ

Over 650cc Bolt On Class
1st - Kelly Osheim, KMS 700 Raptor
2nd - Scot Osheim, 700 Raptor

Under 650 Duners Class
1st - Craig Iredell, KMS LTR450
2nd - David Chapman, Rage/Max Power TRX

Over 650 Duners Class
1st - Mike Askins, Kenz 700 Raptor
2nd - Jason Lapoint, Rocket Factory 700 Raptor

Under 650 Builders Class
1st - Hoberto Serano, Racers Edge TRX
2nd - Mark Sasselli, SPARKS TRX

Over 650 Builders Class
1st - Tom Sasselli, SPARKS 700 Raptor
2nd - John Dyer, Racers Edge 700 Raptor

Sumo Class
1st - Brett Gatlin, Kawasaki 700
2nd - Edgar Rivera, Predator 500

Under 650 Stock Bore/Stroke Class
1st - Brandon Thomas, MMAD YFZ
2nd - John Dyer, Racers Edge TRX

Over 650 Stock Bore/Stroke Class
1st - John Dyer, Racers Edge 700 Raptor
2nd - Bruce Lefevre, Kenz 700 Raptor

Under 650 Modified Class
1st - Hoberto Serano, Racers Edge TRX
2nd - Mark Sasselli, SPARKS TRX

Over 650 Modified Class
1st - Tom Sasselli, SPARKS 700 Raptor
2nd - John Dyer, Racers Edge 700 Raptor

Side x Side Class
1st - Robert Davis, Polaris 800

Under 650 Power Adder Class
1st - Brodie Taylor, KBR TRX
2nd - Augustine Herrera, Kenz YFZ

Over 650 Power Adder Class
1st - Zak Navmcevsia, TRF/Expolsive Racing 700 Raptor
2nd - Augustine Herrera, Kenz 700 Raptor

Under 650 Pro Class
N/A

Over 650 Pro Class
1st - Jason Lapoint, Team Rocket Factory 700 Raptor
2nd - Jason Lapoint, Team Rocket Factory 700 Raptor

Chassis/Unlimited Class
1st - Zak Navmcevsia, TRF/Explosive Racing 700 Raptor
2nd - Herb Beck, KMS 660 Raptor

Small Bore Gas Champion
Hoberto Serano, Racers Edge TRX

Big Bore Gas Champion
Tom Sasselli, SPARKS 700 Raptor

King Of The Hill
Zak Navmcevsia, TRF/Explosive Racing 700 Raptor

Shooters Class
Brodie Taylor, KBR TRX

I have been working on a Duner-Class bike to enter into the series for a few months now, and got it finished up in the first week of Jan. Duner Class has a 505 lb combined bike+rider weight minimum, and is extremely competitive.

This was the first race I entered the LTR in, and the finals were between me and BadnBlack's DASA TRX. In the 2 out of 3 finals, Bad's bike edged me out at the top of the hill. During post-race tech inspection, Bad had a jockey on his bike and it came in at 490 lbs. I jockeyed my KMS Performance LTR myself and came in at 557 lbs. Bad was DQ'd for being under weight. I got the win.

I can tell you that alot of people were shocked that an LTR took this class. :first: I had a number of Honda and YFZ builders shake my hand and say "Great job - didn't think it could be done". It was a good day for LTR's on the West coast. Here's a post-race picture of the bike.

PS - Driver, you like my race number? LOL

QUOTE (Vader @ Jan 14 2009, 04:06 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=358177Here's a couple of videos of the races..

Semi Finals Race #1
Semi Finals Race #2

Finals Race 1
Finals Race #2

Here's a couple of pictures at the races

QUOTE (BadinBlack @ Jan 15 2009, 07:22 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=358631man this was quite a race this past weekend. the duners class is by far the most competative class imo since it has the most entries. there was a total of 9 bikes and the top 5 rides could have won it on any given run. vader congrats on the win for sure!!! it was awsome hanging out with you and steve afterwards at camp. when smoked cigars and talked about how fun the racing was. you are a class act in my book and deserved the win...

prior to the race i was not sure if i was going to even run my bike. i had a blown head gasket and wasn't sure if it was worth it to even run her. which is one of the main reasons why i didn't get her weighed in and got dq'd for that matter. even though my bike wasn't running at 100% she still ran pretty damn strong, not loosing one single heat. thank god that it did or else she probably wouldn't have made it all the way til the end. in the last couple races i had blow by from my rings being shot. coolant and oil everywhere on the rear of the bike... what Dan at DASA has done for me, i am really thankful of. i have to give some big time props to Dan for everything he has done for me. :first:

anyways next time will be even better at dumonts FSA. more bikes will be there i hope. my ride will have the blown gasket issue fixed, brand new rings, and a dyno tune. should be fun!!!

here is a vid of the action of the duners class... you can see vaders ltr in black here, and my honda in red with black wheels...

and a different angle same races...

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
700 raptor is where its at as far as 4 strokes are concerned..

i am suprised MORE ltr's havent been done they would look cool as heck with full lightweight parts, spindle mounts asn such..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.