ATV Drag Racer Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey check this out. I just got it from Jim Becica (BigDaddy660R). Manual decompression has been done before but this system requires no welding on the head or the timing gear. I had a piece of the stock decompression break off and fall down the timing chain last summer. I was lucky it did not completely destroy my head but I didn't want to take the chance again. The kit comes with a strap that replaces the stock decompression on the cam. It should start easy enough now I'm going to run a lighter YFZ battery.

·
Registered
21 Posts
QUOTE (SUBZERO @ Feb 1 2009, 02:31 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=28707Hey check this out. I just got it from Jim Becica (BigDaddy660R). Manual decompression has been done before but this system requires no welding on the head or the timing gear. I had a piece of the stock decompression break off and fall down the timing chain last summer. I was lucky it did not completely destroy my head but I didn't want to take the chance again. The kit comes with a strap that replaces the stock decompression on the cam. It should start easy enough now I'm going to run a lighter YFZ battery.

Thanks Jesse.........

I put the screws to mine yesterday, Hot Lapping my 720 on Roosterbuilts Dyno. It did GREAT. O and the motor ran good too........

·
Premium Member
259 Posts
Jim put one of these in my daughter's bike. I am very impressed! Thanks Jim.....

Rick

Attachments

·
Premium Member
259 Posts
Oh yeah! Starts like it is supposed to now. Spits twice and it's idling....

·
Registered
21 Posts
QUOTE (tedd1 @ Feb 8 2009, 07:49 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=29537Oh yeah! Starts like it is supposed to now. Spits twice and it's idling....

Right on. That's what I wanted to hear.

The others that I've done are still in the motor assembly stage. Hopefully they will pipe up and let me know also.......

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey, where can you get that decompression plug? I wonder if we could make that work on a dale. I hate our decomps and its a nasty point of failure.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had Jim put one on my 812 and it works really well. The only trouble I have is the fact that my compression is through the roof and I have to hold the button in while cranking. I figured out that my bike will idle while I hold in the decomp button
Seriously though, I am extremely impressed and happy with the quality and fast turn around!

Frank

·
Registered
1 Posts
Can anyone tell me where can I get one of these decompression valves?

I have a 660 based Raptor that has a Vito's 720 kit installed.
It has a JE 12:1 compression piston and Stage 3 Hotcam that struggles to turn over, even on a two battery system. With the spark plug removed it cranks fine, pointing to a compression issue.

Any info I can get would be appreciated.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts