ATV Drag Racer Forums banner

Mikuni TM alky jetting

6K views 15 replies 8 participants last post by  BBIII 
#1 ·
My boy is getting some Mikuni Alky carbs, need some starting points for him to get them on meth.
These are gravity carbs, billet bowls and Dave Moore Super Jets.
He's running a 4 mil cub on alky drag ported 4 mil cub. He's in San Diego, but rides at Pismo and Glamis.

I have no idea where to start on pilot, needle, dump or main....

I know there are plenty out there that use Mikunis...can you give us a safe starting point. His first time on alky....

#2 ·
I'll be running on the pump. What needs to change to setup up for the pump?

421 drag ported, Shearer BB OOF, 38 TM's on pump, nology, dyna, domes, timing, yadda yaa all the regulars

#3 ·
I run a 114 or 116 dump on my 41s cant remember exact;y which ,not sure on the dmr booster but I run mine all the way fat about 5 turns out although not sure like I said on how many turns out on dmrs what that would do I know mine runs better with the boosters all the way out then trying to lean them ,,the cubs like lots of fuel.

#4 ·
QUOTE (phatboyz @ Jul 3 2008, 09:56 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=4432I run a 114 or 116 dump on my 41s cant remember exact;y which ,not sure on the dmr booster but I run mine all the way fat about 5 turns out although not sure like I said on how many turns out on dmrs what that would do I know mine runs better with the boosters all the way out then trying to lean them ,,the cubs like lots of fuel.
yea i talked with a buddy and he said he is running 118 dmps but is getting ready to go to a 116. What needle and pilot you running?

#6 ·
QUOTE (phatboyz @ Jul 3 2008, 02:59 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=4441dunno I have never opened them up,,I told kim I needed a set of mikuni carbs set up for alky with my motor he told me what I needed sent me the carbs and I slapped them on!LOL

Hmm...that sounds like familiar advice....LOL...

(Told him the same thing Shannon. Kim is known for being a Mikuni guy, and could probably tell him the jetting he needs to run, give or take 10%...)

#12 ·
QUOTE (bansh-eman @ Jul 8 2008, 08:48 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=4808he doesnt like mikunis , he's pwk kinda guy

i just did a little researched and you should be running
dumps.........needles.................clip
118 6fj41[002-713] mid.....or you could run this
116 6dpa[002-341] one clip above the fattest position and dont go above mid clip[i wouldnt]
[sudco #]
you can order the needles from sudco but the dumps and mains youre going to have to oder from knt or lynn
www.sudco.com......800-998-3529...........the needles for the 116 are a little smaller and allow for more fuel therefor running smaller dumps....the 118 needle is a little bigger and you get the point.......do not run anything below 116 or you will burn your motor....by the way myself and tony have always run the 118 combo on our 421 with no problems......by the way i dont know what done to the seat for it to work with the pump since this carbs are gravaty feed

#15 ·
As a followup Bada...
I talked to Kim @ K&T...and I'm posting here for reference...

.118 dumps and mains, from a 55 to 60 pilot, 1.5 on the air screws....and a 1.8 needle and seat for him to run a fuel pump.

As always, Kim was extremely nice, took his time to answer my questions and ask a few of his own. As busy as he is, he took that 5 minutes...which is critical in this sport. I was very appreciative of that....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.