ATV Drag Racer Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I can see that I have more motor flex on one drag banshee the the other. I hear that I need to be sure that that I have the motor mount dampner (I think thats what it is called) between the frame mount and the motor. My stock bike has the half moon shaped parts but the drag bikes don't. I called my local Yahmaha dealer and they don't show this part. I looked on bikebandit.com and it doesn't look the same either.

Does anyone know the right name for this part and where I can get them?

Thanks,

Banshee409

·
Registered
767 Posts
QUOTE (banshee409 @ Apr 18 2009, 06:35 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=38812So I can see that I have more motor flex on one drag banshee the the other. I hear that I need to be sure that that I have the motor mount dampner (I think thats what it is called) between the frame mount and the motor. My stock bike has the half moon shaped parts but the drag bikes don't. I called my local Yahmaha dealer and they don't show this part. I looked on bikebandit.com and it doesn't look the same either.

Does anyone know the right name for this part and where I can get them?

Thanks,

Banshee409

Hey there, they are called a damper spacer, part number 2GU-15328-00-00
The stock motors do come with only 2, one on the RR and LF, but for drag purposes you should put all 4 in there. A friend of ours left one out on the LR and it threw the chain a few times before he added it and stopped the problem. That was on a drag chassis. Hope that helps, Bubba

·
Registered
49 Posts
QUOTE (bubba297 @ Apr 18 2009, 05:42 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=38814Hey there, they are called a damper spacer, part number 2GU-15328-00-00
The stock motors do come with only 2, one on the RR and LF, but for drag purposes you should put all 4 in there. A friend of ours left one out on the LR and it threw the chain a few times before he added it and stopped the problem. That was on a drag chassis. Hope that helps, Bubba
Yea, what Bubba said. I have all 4 in my drag bike. Also had to go with outboard bearing support, kept breaking front sprockets. No problem since the addition of the support.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.