ATV Drag Racer Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are they any good...... Noticable diff. over stock??? What about that holeshot option?? Battery life?? battery cost?? etc...

·
Registered
23 Posts
QUOTE (JP374 @ Oct 7 2008, 09:36 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=12682Are they any good...... Noticable diff. over stock??? What about that holeshot option?? Battery life?? battery cost?? etc...

I had the older msd igntion. It was a noticable diff over stock, It didnt have the holeshot option. The battery would last all day long on one charge.

·
Registered
35 Posts
The holeshot deal is awsome. You can set the rev limiter to say 7000rpm when the clutch is pulled in and then when you let the clutch out it goes to full set rpm. Keeps the motor from going lean on the line. You can either buy a clutch lever with a built in switch or rig up a small switch on the clutch arm.

As far as the battery, I use a Predator 90 battery. If fully charged, it will last all weekend. I think they're around $30.

The neat thing about this ignition is all the adjustability. Rev limiters, timining, ect. Without getting into the motor.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am undecided about ignitions..... CR, PVL, MSD I just didnt want to get the msd if that battery is gonna be a pain in the [censored].... FTZ says you can get a couple of passes on a battery. Any more thoughts???

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
what do you run for the adjustable cdi ? the degree plate the hinson or rpm?

·
Registered
120 Posts
The MSD system works decently. Its not a huge gain- but its part of the package. The high output ignitions work better on the two stroke stuff than the four stroke stuff in my experience.

The MSD set-up I could ride a couple days (maybe 5-6 gallons of gas) on one charge. I had a quick RC car charger and could charge a battery really quick as needed.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
QUOTE (blasterman88 @ Oct 9 2008, 02:58 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=12755CR with the adjustable cdi McCoy and i have been running on our Hondas. they work AWESOME! Only way to go!

QUOTE (Backcountry @ Oct 9 2008, 09:06 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=12766The MSD system works decently. Its not a huge gain- but its part of the package. The high output ignitions work better on the two stroke stuff than the four stroke stuff in my experience.

The MSD set-up I could ride a couple days (maybe 5-6 gallons of gas) on one charge. I had a quick RC car charger and could charge a battery really quick as needed.

There are two types of the msd 1st one is the one I was thinking of getting but dont want to be out $700

FTZ BATTERY IGNITION
MSD ENHANCER
Where do you get adjustable cdi?

FTZ claims 6hp with there battery fired ignition...... I doubt that but im sure it revs faster wo the flywheel being installed.

I have seen 2 style of the msd theres the enhancer which is battery fired as well which comes with everything for $280, Then theres the ftz one which they take a msd igniton box and add there flywheel plate.....

How about PVL.......

·
Registered
220 Posts
Call Nate McCoy on the adjustable ignition box.....we picked up an honest 6hp with it with Nates Curve. the box has a seperate selector switch so you can load 4 different curves in the box at one time....pretty nice!

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
QUOTE (blasterman88 @ Oct 10 2008, 01:51 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=12819Call Nate McCoy on the adjustable ignition box.....we picked up an honest 6hp with it with Nates Curve. the box has a seperate selector switch so you can load 4 different curves in the box at one time....pretty nice!

On a pro x or......... How do you get ahold of him???? I am gonna run the ftz one for now I got a smokin deal on it from a buddy.... So i figured its better than the stock stuff

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
QUOTE (blasterman88 @ Oct 10 2008, 09:54 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=12850yes on a prox motor, 370. We made 71 hp, and went to 77with the ox, and then got it to 77.9 hp with tuning
WOW
What type of box were you running before that one??? Just pluggig it in you gained 6hp??? How do you adjust them????? Do they have rev limiters or holeshot device??

·
Registered
5 Posts
The CR ignition with the SPI cdi programmed by Nate is the best way to go. I had the MSD and i got tired of charging the battery. But it does work better than the stock ignition.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts