·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle
Tire Wheel Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Vehicle Motor vehicle
Tire Wheel Automotive lighting Vehicle Fuel tank
Ok, i got this raptor from Jose T, traded my banshee for it! Its a Craycraft 727 with 106mm bore, 14 to 1 compression, cryo treated gears, carillo rod, craycraft cams, valves and springs, 39 fcr's on alky and dyna ignition. It's got a metal tech +10 swinger, JJ&A gun drilled axle, marvin shaws up front, strut in the back. Motor is real strong it has run a 4.7 with a 250lb rider. What im doing is rebuilding everything but the motor, i have fireball racing drag a-arms, billit tie rods, polished side cases, barker oof drag pipes, billit thumb throttle, bars, 10x4 polished fronts with 10x4 ashpalt or dirt tires and alot more billit pieces! Not sure what paddle im gonna run yet! Right now its stripped down, just the motor in it, im having the frame, sub-frame and front spindles powder coated illusion green(it's like a extra metal flake emerald green) and the swing arm, a-arms, steering stem, oil tank, and wheels are gonna be black powder! Here's the pics of it when i first brought it home, and i will get some up of it now, and some of the parts! So any suggestions, pointers or have any parts that might make it better, please let me know! Thank You!

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
ummmmmmm yeah ummmmmm yeah ummmmmmm I really like that blue! ummmmmmmmm yeah is it fast? ummmmm yeah thats nice..........um how come? y 4? oh ok.
man!

LMAO

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Its a 105mm bore. and i set it up for 12 extremes on a sand clay mixture track. When i was at the track in nebraska i was blowing the tires off all the way down the track with 12-41 gears on sand only . If you wanted to try some 14 paddles try 12-42 or 13-44 gears.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
QUOTE (Jose T @ Dec 31 2008, 11:33 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=23363Its a 105mm bore. and i set it up for 12 extremes on a sand clay mixture track. When i was at the track in nebraska i was blowing the tires off all the way down the track with 12-41 gears on sand only . If you wanted to try some 14 paddles try 12-42 or 13-44 gears.
If was blowing the tires off down the track Y not keep the 12's you got on and try a higher gear like a 14-40 or 13-40 that 12-41 is kinda low gearing....Its cheaper to gear it up than to buy 14 pddles Jay, Just my .2c....

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
On that track gearing would not help it needed more tire. I was using that as an example of my experience. I do not know what kind of track Jay will be racing on so i thought giving my experience of the two different track would help him make a better decision on what way he would go knowing the track he will be racing on.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Nice. im building a YFZ this year and hang out at Silverlake a lot. Hopefully ill get to run your new raptor. 4.7's is movin Keep us posted.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yea , im gonna stick with some 12 paddle extremes, and Brady thats a nice looking Raptor man, very clean! So if im gonna stick with 22x11x8 12 extremes what gearing would u guys recommend starting out with? And the 39 FCR'S are on Alky, but im switching back over to gas, probly 112 octane. What jetting would you guys recommend for my set up? Thanks!

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
QUOTE (Raptorjay13 @ Jan 2 2009, 11:10 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=23548Yea , im gonna stick with some 12 paddle extremes, and Brady thats a nice looking Raptor man, very clean! So if im gonna stick with 22x11x8 12 extremes what gearing would u guys recommend starting out with? And the 39 FCR'S are on Alky, but im switching back over to gas, probly 112 octane. What jetting would you guys recommend for my set up? Thanks!
Jay if that bike is setup to run alky.....Y are you goin to switch it bk over to gas???? Ur gnna have to get diff. carbs arent ya?? We just added alky classes and power adder classes......heck it dont matter if ur runnin alky or gas were racing indexes next yr...we all ready are in the process of locking in the deal w/ timing lights....
SO Y CHANGE IT OVER?????

I wld see what gearing other rappys are runnin and go from there... Just my....

1 - 20 of 195 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.