ATV Drag Racer Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, yesterday (Friday) on my way to work in the morning I see these signs up for an OMA race abot 2 miles from my house.. HOLY SH$% ! I knew nothing about it.. anyway.. I looked the info up about it when I got to work and after chatting with the wife we decided to go ahead and enter my two sons. I must say, I had never even watched a race before so this was a big time learning experience for me.. Anyway, when I got home from work it was hurry and up and wrench on the boys bikes .. clean the air filters, tighten chains, lube em, adjust brakes, tighten hubs, etc.... I got the neighbors lil trailer loaded up and we were ready to go this morning. Registration started at 8.. they could do a few practice laps.. and their race started at 9:30. Both my sons, Connor 7, and Logan 8, have 90's so they were in the 100cc and under childrens class. There was 3 other kids there and all were regulars on the circuit with "built" bikes.. pipes, shocks, etc... Both my boys were on bone stock polaris 90's...

Anyway, to make the story short.. My older son won his class.... he came in second over all with all the kids behind a kid on a built 70 who won his 70cc and under class.... My son lapped everyone else .... He was hauling arse when he lost his chain... dang thing.. the spring loaded tensioner on it was broke.. I tightened it up best I could but it still came off twice.... anyway.. my younger son did great too.. I told them both I just wanted them to finish. The kids race for 30 minutes... and who ever has the most laps wins....

Both my kids loved it... and I can already feel my wallet about to get even smaller..

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,953 Posts
That's awesome. My two girls raced the 90s for years and now my boy is ready to take the over 90 class where they left off now that they moved up. Those bikes uncorked are very fast. Let me know if u need any help hoppin em up.

·
Premium Member
1,953 Posts
They used to drag race a lot at grainvalley 1 or 2 at sandrat and we flat tracked at any races locally. We just had flat track races in gardner ks and paola two weeks ago.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.