ATV Drag Racer Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's up guys. Here are pis of my converted cr500af. It's basically a cr500 motor on a '01 cr250 frame. I thought I was happy with it as a dirt bike until I went to the Wicked Rockingham event and seen the 60fts you guys put down. Well....this is what I came up with. +10 custom swingarm, blaster rear axle, KX100 frontend, hayabusa steering dampner, 4 piston streetbike caliper and drag bars with thumb throttle. I gotta put a piston in, then I will be ready for the first test run.

Btw, my son went a [email protected](1/8th mile) the first time out in dirtbike form. That was with a horrible 60ft(1.90) and the wrong gearing. He was just shifting to 5th at the mph lights. My goal is to get in the 6's on motor. I'll keep y'all posted.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Looks good...

·
Registered
143 Posts
Hey man, first off, I am far from a Honda fan, but am a huge fan of the big ole 5 hundos. I have a KX5 quad I am building right now, and a KX125 frame with a KX5 motor in that, but I am now thinking of putting a axle out back. This thing is [censored]g sick! I love it!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
QUOTE (KX500 @ Jul 7 2009, 11:28 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=49540Hey man, first off, I am far from a Honda fan, but am a huge fan of the big ole 5 hundos. I have a KX5 quad I am building right now, and a KX125 frame with a KX5 motor in that, but I am now thinking of putting a axle out back. This thing is [censored]g sick! I love it!
I just read your bulid thread. Nice.

·
Registered
143 Posts
QUOTE (boostdoctor @ Jul 7 2009, 06:26 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=49597I just read your bulid thread. Nice.

Which one? HaHa, I did a KX5 motor swap into a LT230 a while back, wasnt happy with it, so thats why I am building the one right now with a full new frame.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.