ATV Drag Racer Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
250R_dyno_run_071.jpg

Here is my little 250R motor. It's a OEM cylinder with a 4 mill LR crank. Ain't a big HP motor, but it is what it is.

Not making excuses, but while on the dyno, it was discovered that I had some bad axle bearings. Later that day, I also noticed that I had a mis-match between the carb and intake boot. I might have made another 1/2 horse if those had been fixed......

Fuel was TT111.

·
Registered
239 Posts
That's worth posting for sure. Get that carrier fixed, and give us the update!

·
Registered
132 Posts
was that stock ignition or cr?

·
Registered
239 Posts
The stock ignition can make about the same power, but the curve is a little nicer with an ignition with more retard build in. Over 50hp is do-able with a stk stroke 250r, with the stock ignition, and inframe pipe/pump gas. And It can be done with a very nice power curve. The 4mm stroker crank is worth around 5hp on this size motor, if done corrctly. Even more fun is the fact that a well setup/tuned alky/4mm/drag piped/stk cyl 250r can outrun most drag 370 prox setups.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It was a CR 2000 ignition with a Dyna FS programmable (but not programmed).

I have a complete write up on atvriders.com in the dyno section showing all the details.

On my last effort with this 250R, I was well on my way to making 58HP.... on gas. I then lost interest in this project and moved on to 4 strokes.

Rog

1 - 6 of 6 Posts