ATV Drag Racer Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On a Hotrod 4mm crank I have(banshee), the clutch side bearing has a groove in it, is that for a O ring or for the half-clip that holds the bearing? If its for the clip, what would keep the bearing from spinning?
thank you

·
Registered
120 Posts
QUOTE (2winpistola @ Feb 19 2009, 04:45 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=31272On a Hotrod 4mm crank I have(banshee), the clutch side bearing has a groove in it, is that for a O ring or for the half-clip that holds the bearing? If its for the clip, what would keep the bearing from spinning?
thank youThe groove is for the Half clips. The difference in bearing to case bore size will keep the bearing from spinning.

·
Registered
767 Posts
QUOTE (2winpistola @ Feb 19 2009, 06:45 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=31272On a Hotrod 4mm crank I have(banshee), the clutch side bearing has a groove in it, is that for a O ring or for the half-clip that holds the bearing? If its for the clip, what would keep the bearing from spinning?
thank you

Unless you have a real early set of cases, they will have the groove on top and bottom. I always put 2 clips on that side. I would recommend a TZ style or better quality Japanese bearing on the clutch side. They are worth the little bit of extra coin in my opinion.

·
Registered
120 Posts
QUOTE (bubba297 @ Feb 19 2009, 06:42 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=31289Unless you have a real early set of cases, they will have the groove on top and bottom. I always put 2 clips on that side. I would recommend a TZ style or better quality Japanese bearing on the clutch side. They are worth the little bit of extra coin in my opinion.
Definately spring for the upgraded bearing, its worth it.

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
i feel straights are more of a how far you want to stretch reliabliity and also hp and tq considerations.. i just ran tz full welded in the 350's and usually over a known 85+hp i would suggest straights a lil easier on the whole motor and easier/ less stress inside also translates to more useable hp.. ( in my opinion..)

·
Registered
337 Posts
Is there really any hp gains from a straight cut gear vs. oem. Any dyno or time reslults showing an improvement? I have considered it myself but some builders say it does nothing as far as hp is concerned.

Mailman

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.