ATV Drag Racer Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
699 Posts
QUOTE (highroller355 @ Oct 5 2008, 08:41 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=12492making mine tonightor tomorrow, you can post them or email them to me at [email protected]

Every bracket is going to be different to some degree. Just get you a piece of 1/8" thick flat from your local hardware store or Lowes and bend/cut/drill it to where it'll let your pipe fit best. Not trying to be a smartass or anything, this is just how it is, lol

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
QUOTE (bigboybanshee @ Oct 6 2008, 02:12 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=12564Every bracket is going to be different to some degree. Just get you a piece of 1/8" thick flat from your local hardware store or Lowes and bend/cut/drill it to where it'll let your pipe fit best. Not trying to be a smartass or anything, this is just how it is, lol
its all goodnot takin like that i just dont want to make them wrong also heard i should use rubber in between or the tabs with crack, do i do the same on front, and weld it to frame

·
Registered
1,003,688 Posts
make sure to use rubber washers. i saw a kid snap his bracket yesterday after about 5 min. because of no rubber to keep the vibration down.

im not sure what u meant by weldin it to the frame.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
QUOTE (kawiking @ Oct 6 2008, 04:07 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=12570make sure to use rubber washers. i saw a kid snap his bracket yesterday after about 5 min. because of no rubber to keep the vibration down.

for front braclet no were to bolt to

·
Premium Member
1,245 Posts
QUOTE (kawiking @ Oct 6 2008, 01:07 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=12570make sure to use rubber washers. i saw a kid snap his bracket yesterday after about 5 min. because of no rubber to keep the vibration down.

I have found that rubber washers don't really do much to dampen the harmonics. Find yourself some flat aluminum bar (like said) and on one end put a thick chunk of rubber. The ones I use are about 3/4" thick x 3/4" in diameter, and have 5/16 studs glued on each end so that it makes it easy to mount to .

·
Registered
1,003,688 Posts
QUOTE (Koolguyson @ Oct 7 2008, 01:06 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=12599I have found that rubber washers don't really do much to dampen the harmonics. Find yourself some flat aluminum bar (like said) and on one end put a thick chunk of rubber. The ones I use are about 3/4" thick x 3/4" in diameter, and have 5/16 studs glued on each end so that it makes it easy to mount to .
Can u post up a pic, kool ?
Thanks... Lil pimp

·
Registered
1,003,688 Posts
kool..thanks.

i ll have to snag some of those.

high roller,what do u mean about front braces ?.. it should have hooks for the exhaust springs and then a bracket that u bolt to ur foot pegs.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
cpi's also have a bracket up front on the pipe, little after the spring it lays rite next to frame when hooked up with the 2 springs but welded to the pipes

·
Premium Member
3,418 Posts
QUOTE (Koolguyson @ Oct 7 2008, 07:05 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=12602Something like this...

They're called isolators... Class...say it together...LOL.

I mount my same side shearers to a stock pipe hanger (drilled with a bolt in the middle so it can't shear) then from the hanger to the peg I use one of the isolators like Sonny posted.

I also used smaller isolators to mount my pipes to each other, but Matt Shearer said that I don't have to....just a flexible, rubber mount to the peg is all I need.

·
Registered
803 Posts
QUOTE (kawiking @ Oct 9 2008, 07:08 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=12768http://www.lcperformance.com/products_pages/cpi.html

i see what ur talkin about... isnt there a tap on the frame , if so .. i think it just bolts to that part.

dont weld nothin to the frame
The 2 rubber strap clamps in the middle of that pic go there.You wrap them around the frame and bolt the clamp to the pipe but they usually just break.I don't run anything on those brackets.We also use steel strap for the footpeg mounts.You can get it cheap and it flexes enough not to break.The guy that Rico was talking about used aluminum strap and it broke on the second time out after a pretty good wheelie.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
( for sale ) thanks for all the help guys, finally got them on and loved them. but they are up forsale, they are a little to loud for some of the residential riding i do $340 plus shipping. you can reach em at 516 903 8309

1 - 14 of 14 Posts