ATV Drag Racer Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 4 mm drag port stock cylinder,I have 38mm straight lectrons with power jets..What depth do the needles need to be and what size do you drill the jets out to?850ft elevation..Should I run pumps also?,ThanksJB

·
Premium Member
2,469 Posts
With lectrons you dont need to drill anything out just change the needles to a PE-1 from packard.

Start off with the needles @ like 45mm which is really rich and adjust out from there.

I am not running any bowls on my 350 with the 36/38 lectrons and i havent had any problems out of them.

Also you could pm Bubba297 or Camatv or dajogejr they are all really good with lectrons.

·
Registered
767 Posts
Lowbuck, do a google search about lectron tuning. You will find the reading very useful. A lectron only has 3 basic adjustments, the idle, the needle, and the powerjet (or powerjets) I always recommend a double powerjet setup, unless you have a packard or Dave Moore style. On a stock bowl I also like to remove one float for more fuel capacity. Once you get the carb on the bike, there is no need to ever pull the bowl unless there is a float valve or leak problem. They are simple yet very effective carbs.

·
Premium Member
3,418 Posts
http://www.kawtriple.com/mraxl/carb/lectro...tron_tuning.htm

http://www.fastbygast.com/Catagories/Produ...0it%20works.asp

Unfortunately, the main website has great info but is down at this time. Check later...
The official site of Lectrons is:

lectronfuelsystems.com

Whether or not you need to run a fuel pump depends on the needle and seat. Remove the float bowl, remove the needle and seat.
If it has 3.3 stamped in it...it's a fuel pump needle and seat. I have both, gravity and fuel pump N&S at the house, I'll have to look for the number on the gravity fed set.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.