ATV Drag Racer Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To those of you who know me. You already know that the last few years i have been in a battle with some major problems. And at one point found myself at the loosing end of that battle. I lost many friends and caused myself many problems. And for the last few months it has seemed as if i had finally won that battle. But that was all just what everyone could see. The truth of the matter is in the last few months i have found myself back to my old life but livin it in a seceret. And no one has known. But i have now found myself back at the bottom of the barrel. I have taken it upon myself to make this post and be the one you hear it from. It bothers me to know that at one point i thought i had this under control and thought that i had won. I started to gain my friends back and has bein looked at with respect for bein able to overcome that life. And what hurts is that to me i feel like i have failed myself and all my friends and family. But as of tuesday june 30th i will be checkin into a treatment center for a 21 day program. And have plans to continue my treatment when i get out. Ill be attending a few other classes. I have talked to a few people about this and i told them how i feel about lettin my friends and family down because of this. And they told me not to look at it like that. But to look at it as i will gain the respect for doing this on my own. But to those of you that i know and have raced with for the last few years. I just want to say that im sorry. The only good thing i can say about this right now is that i was able to realize the problem and take it upon myself to get it under control. But at the same time i know that this is gonna be a battle that is gonna take a while to get through. So im just askin for your support. But i wanted to be the one you heard it from. Ill be missin out on the Leerjak race. But i hope to be back with you guys on the track as soon as i can. I also want to say thank you to the ones that i have already got a chance to race with again that have already gave me so much support. Im sry that i have to do this all over again but right now i just really need the support from you. And a special thanks go to Big Daddy Hog Nuts. For those of you who dont know him. He is a hell of a guy. See you guys again soon.

·
Premium Member
1,891 Posts
man.. glad to hear you took it upon yourself to get straightened out.. that is a big sign of growing up....and means you want to get a problem fixed. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,003,688 Posts
good luck on ur voyage ..... it sounds like u know what u have to do. thats the first step . everybody has demons , only a man can step up and take control of them . good luck to u ....

u are goin to need the support of good friends to help u through this . good luck and best wishes to you .

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
I remember when i was in your shoes and it was'nt where i wanted to be.It takes a big man to admit and a much bigger man to take the steps to fix the problem.I walked away from my addiction cold turkey and walked away from the people that i ran with and never seen them again.I know you don't know me but if you need someone to talk to i'm here.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
good luck with your recovery man

·
Registered
1,003,688 Posts
QUOTE (Jose @ Jun 28 2009, 07:56 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=48381.I walked away from my addiction cold turkey and walked away from the people that i ran with and never seen them again.

i had to do the samething, 8 yrs ago when my son was born. my first step like jose said, was to get and stay away from anyone that had the same prob as me. it was hard, but i knew it was the only way to save myself.

like jose sayed, pm me if u ever want to chat .... ur not alone on this. and talkin to people with help u more than u know.

good luck !!!

·
Registered
49 Posts
All I can say since I don't know you is YOU really have to want to quit. Once you decide that then comes the hard decision.
Are your friends really friends or are they enablers?? You will know ,but will they.

·
Registered
396 Posts
I wish you luck- now comes the hard part-
but when you are better we can all go........

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for the support guys. Today was prob one of the worst days. Ive had today planed out for the last 3 days with someone. And that someone i have been counting on. Well when i talked to them today things went south in a hurry. I had to find out today and on the worst day to find out i didnt mean as much to them as what they had made me believe. So today didnt go exactly the way i was hoping. And with all that, i dont know what the future holds for me now when i get out. I have a couple options but still have no clue as to what i should do. I usually dont ask for things like this. But i really need you guys to pray for me. Im still goin tomorrow, and still going with all the right intentions. But as far as what ill do when i get out. Im kinda worried as to what i should or need to do. I wont hear from you guys for a while. But i just hope that i can still get all the support i can.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.