ATV Drag Racer Forums banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
full chrome alloy chassis, gonna cut the arms down and change up a few things... but this is gonna be the new home of my cub....

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
cool frame who built it i REALY like the front end long travel with very close mounting points on the a=arms should ride great..

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
QUOTE (camatv @ Mar 2 2009, 11:08 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=32932cool frame who built it i REALY like the front end long travel with very close mounting points on the a=arms should ride great..
a local snowmobile performance shop by me.....

QUOTE (BBIII @ Mar 2 2009, 11:09 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=32933JT if you are going to run it in the dunes with a rear shaw i would brace that rear upper shock mount i dont know if it will take the pressure from a shaw.
defently gonna do some bracing and guessiting on it bobby... chassis has alot if twist when ya sit on it so I am gonna put a set of up right bars going from the bottom bars to the top bars around the steering loop area..... what would be a good way to brace the rear shock mount bobby?

thanks for all the coments guys..... keep um coming.

·
Premium Member
2,469 Posts
QUOTE (badassbanshee479 @ Mar 3 2009, 05:14 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=32954defently gonna do some bracing and guessiting on it bobby... chassis has alot if twist when ya sit on it so I am gonna put a set of up right bars going from the bottom bars to the top bars around the steering loop area..... what would be a good way to brace the rear shock mount bobby?

So your thinking like i drew the Red line from top to bottom then?

i would take some 5/8 tubing or somthing and place it against the rear shock brace just so it cant roll or twist off and shot the shock up your bum hole...lol

Anything that looks to thin i would add somekind of guesst to it you will have a BIG motor in that bad boy.
Good luck and if you need anything let me know.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
QUOTE (BBIII @ Mar 3 2009, 08:55 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=32969See slow people think alike.....lol
lol

QUOTE (Fouledout421 @ Mar 3 2009, 08:55 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=32970aah... all you guys are pulling sneakies!! I didn't know you were getting a frame this year!

Looks good!
either did I! lol I could not pass the deal up on this one!

·
Registered
677 Posts
Right on JT!!! Like Bobby was saying, if you are going to dune that then definitely add some bracing. Add some bracing for the stem hoop, some uprights from the lower to upper main rails, gusset the rear shock mount, and I would suggest running the rear linkage like it was setup for. That will help eliminate some stress as well along with keeping the shock angle better. I would try to figure out a way to brace the single tubes for the front end.....that looks a little scary for a dune bike.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
QUOTE (Kawiking @ Mar 3 2009, 06:12 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=33028what size motor was in that frame ?

how thick are those bars comin down from the sub frame ?
it had a dune ported 350 in it before.... but he never got to finish it.

1/2" might cut um out and put 3/4" not sure yet...

QUOTE (AZCUSTOMQUADS @ Mar 3 2009, 06:50 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=33030Right on JT!!! Like Bobby was saying, if you are going to dune that then definitely add some bracing. Add some bracing for the stem hoop, some uprights from the lower to upper main rails, gusset the rear shock mount, and I would suggest running the rear linkage like it was setup for. That will help eliminate some stress as well along with keeping the shock angle better. I would try to figure out a way to brace the single tubes for the front end.....that looks a little scary for a dune bike.
thank ya for the ideas! Do you happen to have any ideas on how to brace the front bars? this will be used mostly at the track with struts all around.... but I have been known to hit the dune drag stip now and then so I will sacrifice alittle weight for safety!

1 - 20 of 54 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.