ATV Drag Racer Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some of you know me and some of you don't, but I use to be very involved in the ATVDRA and the things they did, well anyway I have an opportunity to get involved in a local 300ft dirt track in Monticello, AR. that currently runs trucks once a month and I was approached about starting a once a month ATV only event (at first). I was trying to figure out how many bikes that are in this area and whether or not this would be something that would be worth while to pursue. I know that with this economy a lot of folks are a bit lacking on funds to both race and travel.

I've got about a month to make a decision so if you would be interested please let me know via this thread.

The class structure and race program will be very similar to Sheldon's in KY current setup.

·
Registered
1,003,688 Posts
im sure id be able to make acouple of races ... im in texarkana ,tx -- 3 hrs 15 min away.

ive been lookin for a track . red river sand drags shut down , so closest one is atoka, oklahoma

·
Registered
396 Posts
BUbba and I have a group of about 20-30 bikes- We are from the Russellville/Conway area. Let us know a date. And do you know if they will have any type of timing system?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Porta Tree system, 300ft river dirt, they use it for mud racing trucks, but it dries up and would be cut and smoothed like many of the dirt tracks currently run. Not sure yet on tire choice. We are still working on details but I'm pretty sure it will run like any other dirt track does.

Class structure would be similar to the below depending on the break down of local racers etc. This is tentative but it will look something like this.

Pee Wee 50cc & Under Bike/ATV
65cc Dirt Bike
80cc Dirt Bike
80cc ATV
90cc ATV
125cc ATV
125cc Dirt Bike
250cc Dirt Bike
200 Mod ATV 2-Stroke
300 Mod ATV 2-Stroke
250 Mod ATV 2-Stroke
350 ATV 2-Stroke (Stock)
350 Mod ATV 2-Stroke (OEM Cylinders & Stock Cases Required)
350 Mod ATV 2-Stroke
350 Mod ATV 4-Stroke
250 - 350 Mod ATV 2-Stroke (No Nos)
250 - 350 Mod ATV 2-Stroke (No Nos - OEM Cylinders & Stock Cases Required)
400 ATV 4-Stroke Stock
400 Mod ATV 4-Stroke
450 ATV 4-Stroke Stock
450 Mod ATV 4-Stroke
0-500cc Mod ATV 4-Stroke (NO NOS)
4-Stroke Mod ATV (No Street Bike Motors)
0 - 700cc Mod ATV 4-Stroke (NO NOS)
Powder Puff
500 Mod Bike & ATV
350 Super Mod ATV 2-Stroke (Stock Cases Required)
2 Wheel Open
4 Wheel Open
0-750 Outlaw
Open Outlaw
Top Dog
700 KFX V-Force
Polaris
Automatic 2-Stroke Open
Automatic 4-Stoke Open
2-Stroke Open ATV (2 or 3 Cylinders)
Triple Cylinder Unlimited
ET (Bracket Class)
Heads Up Index Classes

This is a list of potential class structure, like I said we'll have to see what kind of response we get and what type of local racers we have to settle on a structure.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Wow, a lot of classes-
Are you going to race for a week straight?

How about simpifly the racing?
ET-bracket
Heads up-
Kids-
Automatic class-

This would make for a way shorter day.
and a lot less to keep up with.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just kind of threw that out as a starting point, it is actually the class structure run by some of the tracks up in Kentucky.

Not sure what types of bikes to expect so it was a very inclusive list to start, and it would obviously need some pairing down as the "regular" racers showed up and we got more of an idea of participation levels.

Gotta start somewhere, and I was hoping that this thread would give us an idea of what we had to work with. No reason to have an unlimited triple class if we don't have any in the area, know what I mean?

·
Registered
396 Posts
That is a impressive list- boy I would hat to try to keep them straight... LOL
The group I have is mostly banshees- all out drag bikes- some cubs, stock cly,-
and then you have Me and Cevin which run R's.
I am the only one still left on gas.
When you get a date worked up let me know-
This sunday we are going to get together in Mayflower, off of Hwy 89.
The guy is trying to get a dirt track (Drag) started.
It also looks like we are going to go to Pop,s Sat. looks like great weather.
So hopefully a great weekend of racing-
If you want to show up let me know.

See ya,
Dana

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Taking a couple of guys down to the PS deal so they can see what it's all about. Going to try and hit some local area tracks as well to get a feel for what classes/rules they run. Of course I've run at Pops, Jeff's track, the old Monticello MS. track, the track in Ashland, MS. and Atoka as well as the one in Fort Worth so I know alot of the guys that run around the MS, LA, TX area.

Right now to start I am leaning towards an ET class with a $20 entry fee $10 first round buy back 80% payback and 3 or 4 index classes with a $10 entry fee and 100% payback. $7 to get in the gate with 12 and under free. Trying to keep it where you can come and have a fun day of racing for around $50

Figure out who the "regulars" are going to be and then start working on some other heads up classes.

·
Registered
396 Posts
I will head down to PS Tues morning- I will have my black 250r (Kickstart my heart) on side of bike-
look me up-

·
Registered
135 Posts
hey randy i am interested for sure, but i would like to have a heads up class, i built mine for heads up not bracket let me know i have a few other bikes i can bring just let me know the dates thanks

dennis

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.