ATV Drag Racer Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i need some help what is the best way to make sure the my nos is working .what are some are some good testing methods while the bike is running . aslo when i get my tank up to its pressure then i turn the fuel pump on and arm the system i will lose about 100psi in a few minutes but i cant hear or see ant leaks.

·
Registered
246 Posts
QUOTE (renoyfzfan @ Jun 7 2009, 06:31 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=45632ok i need some help what is the best way to make sure the my nos is working .what are some are some good testing methods while the bike is running . aslo when i get my tank up to its pressure then i turn the fuel pump on and arm the system i will lose about 100psi in a few minutes but i cant hear or see ant leaks.

Sounds like you have a leak at one of the fittings.you shouldn't need to use the paste like teflon but it wouldn't hurt.Just don't go gobbing it on. I just tested mine in pre stage.turned my bottle on armed the switch and just tapped the button in nuetral and heard it rev...nos is on

My one bottle leaked at the gauge and i heard it.If i took the gauge off and just hooked the line directly to the bottle i was golden..just a thought

·
Registered
638 Posts
if your gonna hit that swich you better do it real fast!!!!! i mean just a click! i do it alot on my wifes bike its not enough to hurt it but i also have the nozzle behind the TB so it doesn't get a big hit all at once! idk if i'd do it if its on the head side! there isn't anything there to slow it down!

other than that you could pull the nozzle out and hit the button to see if it sprays! turn the bottle off and hit it if it squits fuel then the fuel side is working turn the bottle on hit it again and if it sprays nitous she's working good! but it will have some pressure to the nitrous part so hang on to that nozzle and don't spray yourself!

without takeing the nozzle out or tapping the button there realy isn't a way to test it! just give it hell!

·
Registered
440 Posts
To clear something up and maybe help a fellow racer:

In my experienced opinion, it is NEVER, ever a good idea to pump nitrous into an engine at idle for a number of very serious reasons. This statement is a no matter what one. You may hit it for a split second at 3,000 or so rpm to purge it and verify it is working. Some people do not even like that. But, please do not purge it into the engine at idle.

There are several safe ways to test a system.

·
Premium Member
500 Posts
Thats what I do. I always hold a little rpm to it before I bump the switch. But before I do that, I always bump the switch before I even turn the bottle on to make sure I got fuel coming through. Ill do that a couple times and actually almost choke the motor off. If it doesnt try to choke the motor off from having to much fuel, you know its not getting fuel, and thats bad LOL. Then I turn the bottle on, rev it up a little, and bump the switch one time. If it revs real fast, I know its ready.

At home before I leave for the track, Ill arm the system and pull the nitrous line out of the nozzle (making sure to take the jet off) and bump the switch to make sure its working. But if you do this, make sure you got a good hold of the line, cause it will be violent LOL. Could do the same with the fuel line, but it wont be violent. Just make sure its got a good steady stream.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Thats what I do. I always hold a little rpm to it before I bump the switch. But before I do that, I always bump the switch before I even turn the bottle on to make sure I got fuel coming through. Ill do that a couple times and actually almost choke the motor off. If it doesnt try to choke the motor off from having to much fuel, you know its not getting fuel, and thats bad LOL. Then I turn the bottle on, rev it up a little, and bump the switch one time. If it revs real fast, I know its ready.

At home before I leave for the track, Ill arm the system and pull the nitrous line out of the nozzle (making sure to take the jet off) and bump the switch to make sure its working. But if you do this, make sure you got a good hold of the line, cause it will be violent LOL. Could do the same with the fuel line, but it wont be violent. Just make sure its got a good steady stream.

Sounds almost exactly like my routine. I always spray fuel in her and when it chokes the mtr down I know the fuel stream is good. Arm the bottle, hold it about 3,000 and tap the spray. In both cases, I can at this point tell if things are right based on those two things.

·
Registered
43 Posts
What would you do if you have a wide open switch in your throttle? I've heard you should just get a purge kit. This way you can purge out of the engine and know that its working. The fuel purging into the engine till it chokes down seems like a good idea. Also the purge kit looks cool spraying fog into the air. They have lights you can hook up to the purge end and color your fog.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.