ATV Drag Racer Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone give me a little information on these two types of chains. Is one better than the other should one be used with different settups etc. I've always just used O-ring chains but with the new build i believe i have a X-ring chain on it. Buddy is needing a chain and just wants to know the difference in the two before he buys one.

·
Registered
71 Posts
QUOTE (Fouledout421 @ May 12 2009, 06:30 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=42332X-rings tend to be a lil better then the o-rings as they have to sealing edges rather then one to help keep grime out..

If its for a drag bike.. I would suggest a non o-ring chain.

funny this topic is here as I am about to buy a new chain for a longer arm.

why is it most drag bikes I see use a non o-ring chain???I have always wondered that what is the benefit?

·
Registered
692 Posts
The o-rings and x-rings do create some drag do to the sealing rings.. some dyno's have shown as much as 3 hp that can be robbed.

Also, The x-ring and o-ring chains are more exspensive and are not needed on drag bike as they dont see the mud and water and other crap that trail bikes see.

·
Registered
1,003,688 Posts
QUOTE (KaosBanshee44 @ May 13 2009, 09:19 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=42372
Put it on something other than a little ol' three fiftee
u better learn how to ride ,cody .. that little 350 is no joke.
christy will fly right by that ole 10 mil if u dont have ur game on . i acted like my bike was broke at l.s. so i wouldnt have to race her...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.