ATV Drag Racer Forums banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone down to roll out this weekend, Either Saturday or Sunday to the River bottom at I44 Raceway?

Here is the Link to Google Maps

I44 RACEWAY

Exit at 149th. Look for I44 Raceway sign, make a right hand turn if your comign from the highway 44 and follow the dirt road all the way. Stay to the left and go past the dirttrack and you will see a big lot to unload or you can drive down to the river bottom if you have 4 wheel drive.

Thought would be a great way to start out the year and meet the OKC crowd. Ever since 23rd was shut down, i havent heard of too much draggin going on around here except for Down south with Sandplayaz.

Alan
405-412-5884

·
Registered
638 Posts
is there a good place to drag race in the river? i don't think i could come this weekend but would like to find another place to ride i used to like coming up to 23rd only went twice b4 they shut it down but was pretty fun!

yall have to come down to my place this summer too!!!!

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its actually way better then 23rd....
23rd was hit or miss at times when the water would come up and down....

this place has a huge area where the sand is flat and spread out in the open....
If you look on the Google maps, you can see the area to drag on......

Im actually surprised more people dont go out there and drag, unless i just been missing out.

·
Registered
80 Posts
QUOTE (okatvrider @ Feb 18 2009, 11:07 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=31199Its actually way better then 23rd....
23rd was hit or miss at times when the water would come up and down....

this place has a huge area where the sand is flat and spread out in the open....
If you look on the Google maps, you can see the area to drag on......

Im actually surprised more people dont go out there and drag, unless i just been missing out.

is it true this guy charges $10 just to access the river?

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I sure as hell hope not......

I heard $7 from someone else. When i went, i never had to pay.....

Im going out there this Sunday around 1 or 2
Hope to see some people come out....

I hope the rumor isnt true to where they charge to ride the river.....

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This is the only place that i could think of it Drag locally here in the city....IF anyone else knows of a place that would be good, please post up...

Only other spot was 23rd as i mentioned before but it has been shut down since people couldnt pick up after themselves and the numerous accidents

·
Registered
45 Posts
my chain and brake line went out this morning from kansas so it should be here tomorrow. i will probably get it back together friday night and be out there sunday. how smooth is the bottom becasue i may have to run a rear strut.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ill be there for sure Sunday around 1 or 2 .....

I think Rich S and Scott will go to, they went to sandtrax to get tuned tonight on the dyno with there 450's.....

A buddy on his old quadracer, just a lil 250 but he has fun with it..Trying to get anyone and everyone out....

If its gets good enough, maybe make it a habit a few times a month on sundays or something,

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
QUOTE (the red Beast @ Feb 19 2009, 09:25 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=31284Do any of yall go to hwy 79 to race at tha river.I met Austin there last year. we are going next sunday to try out my new build by t-rex. thanks Guy Sr.

Hey Guy, I'm the guy from austin's group with the orange framed banshee. We went to the river once this year so far but I'm sure as the weather gets better we'll be down there more often. I usually put a thread up when we're going. What kinda build you got going?

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Im getting ready to load up head out here in a bit....

I sent texts to everyone in the local area so not sure who is all showing up...

I know there will be people there for sure, just not sure how many.

Alan
405-412-5884

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Had a Good time yesterday...
Few fast banshees showed up. A guy with a Green 10 MIl Shee showed up and was haulin @$$. a DS bombardier with a Busa motor showed up and that thing ripped pretty good. Stretched Banshee brought out his banshee and ran good. Your 4mill rips hard man. I say there might have been 20 bikes or so throught the day.

my buddy shot some PICS and try to get them up soon as i can.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.