ATV Drag Racer Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have just started 1/4 mile asphalt drags and i have a banshee with the stock trans in it still. i have a 1-5 override laying around and would really like to drop that in. will an asphalt track break it because of the traction? i just dont want to put it in and snap it right away? what to you guys think?

thanks, adam

·
Registered
1,003,688 Posts
QUOTE (nitroburner13 @ Oct 3 2008, 10:29 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=12335i have just started 1/4 mile asphalt drags and i have a banshee with the stock trans in it still. i have a 1-5 override laying around and would really like to drop that in. will an asphalt track break it because of the traction? i just dont want to put it in and snap it right away? what to you guys think?

thanks, adam
it shouldnt ...... some use a billet 2nd.
i know acouple of people that use stock tranny's.
what is ur overide 1-5 dunable .. 1-6 ?

what size motor ?

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
your gonna be leaving in 1st more than likely so you should be fine.

·
Premium Member
699 Posts
You may want to think about going with a lower ratio gear set for 1/4 mile, especially if you run a 1-5

Anything bigger than a 4mil cub I'd recommend getting a billet second gear for it...but otherwise it should hold up fine. Just my opinion

P

·
0 Posts
QUOTE (bigboybanshee @ Oct 3 2008, 12:33 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=12346You may want to think about going with a lower ratio gear set for 1/4 mile, especially if you run a 1-5

Anything bigger than a 4mil cub I'd recommend getting a billet second gear for it...but otherwise it should hold up fine. Just my opinion
All last year. I didn't have a billet 2nd gear. I have a 1-5 stock tranny and never broke it.
My motor is a 710cc 20mm DM with 165hp at the crank.
My 1/4 mile gearing is a 1:89 36/19.

Never start in 2nd on asphalt. Even if you have a billet 2nd. You want good 60' foot times. Start in first.

Start with 36/17 2:11 for 1/4 mile gearing. You might have to go 2:05 or 2:00. Don't go less than a 2:00 ratio.
Unless running a 10mm plus stroker.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the great replies. i really appreciate it. im gonna drop that sucker in and get it ready for next weekend.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts