ATV Drag Racer Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have BOSS oversized bowls which i think are just way to big. I hate how they don't fit right on the intakes and get beat up on the bottom cases. What are some other options out there that i can go with for my 39PWK carbs? Is there something more versitile and not so big?

If you have pictures of different bowls that would help tremendously.

Thanks

·
Registered
507 Posts
Chariot or K&T maybe? Not sure if those would hit or not.

·
Registered
803 Posts
QUOTE (Bansh-eman @ Apr 1 2009, 07:31 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=36540Chariot or K&T maybe? Not sure if those would hit or not.
I know the boss's are huge and hit the side of the case on Rico's bike.I haven't tried the chariots yet but the k&t's that fit the mikunis are no where near that big.They fit nice with no clearance issues.Did a set of 38's this week with em' on it and had all kinds of room and plenty of fuel.

·
Registered
1,003,688 Posts
cody , arent u plannin on runnin asphalt ? if ur goin to run a 1/4 mile u might want to keep them .
and all the $$ in that bike , and u have a stock fuel pet[censored] ??

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
QUOTE (Kawiking @ Apr 9 2009, 07:25 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=37586cody , arent u plannin on runnin asphalt ? if ur goin to run a 1/4 mile u might want to keep them .
and all the $$ in that bike , and u have a stock fuel pet[censored] ??

Those are old pictures Rico, here just to prove a point!

·
Registered
208 Posts
i think the ones i have are white knuckle bowls.
plenty of room. i am also using a different intake
than you (white knuckle) and has my carbs positioned
further away from the engine than what you have.

in that pic above, those are'nt zip ties holding your pipes
to the cylinders are they?

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
QUOTE (Hilarious @ Apr 9 2009, 08:20 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=37594i think the ones i have are white knuckle bowls.
plenty of room. i am also using a different intake
than you (white knuckle) and has my carbs positioned
further away from the engine than what you have.

in that pic above, those are'nt zip ties holding your pipes
to the cylinders are they?

Yes they are temporary cause i forgot to put the springs on when we went through the heat cycles and a pipe popped off and scared the poo poo out of us.

dajogejr and myself had this conversation about the stock springs. There a [censored] to put on with vice grips so i just got a spring puller in the mail the other day.

Like i said i'm still getting all my kinks out.

·
Registered
208 Posts
QUOTE (KaosBanshee44 @ Apr 9 2009, 05:25 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=37597Yes they are temporary cause i forgot to put the springs on when we went through the heat cycles and a pipe popped off and scared the poo poo out of us.

dajogejr and myself had this conversation about the stock springs. There a [censored] to put on with vice grips so i just got a spring puller in the mail the other day.

Like i said i'm still getting all my kinks out.

yes they are a pain to put on. i have seen a few people use
safety wire.

enough with the excuses all ready. how about a ride report?

·
Premium Member
3,418 Posts
You could put that stock fuel valve back on to run a pump...lol.

You can normally find snomobile pumper PWK 39s for under 150. Another 50 to 100 to convert them over.
A fuel pump is 50 bucks.
You'll have to drill the intake of your motor and put a barb/tap there for the pulse on the pump.
(I just took the reeds out, stuffed a shop rag down there and held a vaccuum on the inside while I drilled it out)

I had the motor together a few years ago and forgot to put the barb on.

I can take pictures later on if I remember Cody...it's really pretty simple.

·
Registered
692 Posts
I used the one piece intake with built in spacer/x-over that picked the carbs up and got the bowls off the cases.. Or rather then get a new intake.. you could always use some spacers.. If you need a set let me know. I'll send them out. I know them big hogs hold enough fuel to make a 300' pass with the fuel valve off!! lol ooopps..

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.