ATV Drag Racer Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wish someone could explain or post a how to thread of how to install the pancake pusher. I bought one from Dave i forgot what brand but it's a [censored]. Do you have to use certain parts from the stock pusher?

The one i got came with a washer bearing, a reg washer, and the housing.

I talked to Dave about it and he also said it was a [censored]. If i need to i can post pictures

I'm running a Direct Drive lockup if that helps.

·
Premium Member
699 Posts
You shouldn't need anything off the stock adjuster

Remove pressure plate, remove stock adjuster...Take your pancake bearing and stick the top (top bearing, right side in the pic) through the pressure plate from the back going to the front. Rotate it around and make sure it spins freely. It might catch on one of the edges, if it does, round out that hole in the pressure plate until the pancake bearing will spin around freely, without catching any edges on the pressure plate. Once that's done, place the bearing in the pressure plate and re-install the pressure plate, adjust the clutch as needed (loosen nut, turn the little shaft in or out, then tighten the nut back down-I loctited mine).

·
Registered
507 Posts
my cascade/packard pancake came with 2 washers, the bearing, and the pusher. with that one you sandwich the bearing between the two washers and put it all on the back of the pusher, then put the pusher through the pressure plate and put the nut on the set screw to hold it in place.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This is the only thing that came with my pancake pusher. Dave if you see this chime in on this topic i forgot what brand i bought from you. Travis said no stock parts should be needed but from your pics Travis i'm missing the bolt that runs through the housing or pusher.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
And not to mention the nut, i think i got shafted on the packaging.

Excuse me while i go to bansheehq and talk [censored] on dave for selling me crap 2 months after he sold me the part

haha you know i'm joking Dave!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
208 Posts
QUOTE (KaosBanshee44 @ Sep 24 2008, 05:06 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=11541This is the only thing that came with my pancake pusher. Dave if you see this chime in on this topic i forgot what brand i bought from you. Travis said no stock parts should be needed but from your pics Travis i'm missing the bolt that runs through the housing or pusher.

with that, you need the screw and the nut off the stock adjuster.
i like the one that i got from cascade better as it has an allen
head screw and wont strip out as easy as the phillips head on
the stocker.

dave shorted you a screw and a nut.

i just can not believe he did that to you.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No Dave didn't short me nothing, he sent me the pancake pusher in a package brand new but that's the only thing that was in the package. I just don't know what brand. It just seems like it's harder to install than most brands out there. If there is something easier to install someone please chime in. Nothing against dave it's just i'm a rookie at this.

Also when you set your pusher in the pressure plate do you install the lockup and then adjust the pusher?

·
Premium Member
699 Posts
QUOTE (KaosBanshee44 @ Sep 24 2008, 05:13 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=11554No Dave didn't short me nothing, he sent me the pancake pusher in a package brand new but that's the only thing that was in the package. I just don't know what brand. It just seems like it's harder to install than most brands out there. If there is something easier to install someone please chime in. Nothing against dave it's just i'm a rookie at this.

Also when you set your pusher in the pressure plate do you install the lockup and then adjust the pusher?

Ahh, my first pancake bearing I got was a pain in the butt, I forgot that I did end up having to use the stock adjuster's bolt, and had Frank fab the whole pancake bearing to make it work (one in the bottom of my pic). But I went and bought another one (top one in the pic) and it came with everything I needed in the package, I'm not sure who makes it but I got it from Jim's Sand Toys before he shut his shop down.

Install the pancake bearing, re-insert pressure plate, install lockout, then adjust the pancake bearing.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I thought my pics were pretty good, no props for me?? ha ha j/k..
Hey, that allen bolt is industrial & my local machine shop has them in every size.
Take a drive to the local shop, I'm sure you'll find it!!

·
Premium Member
699 Posts
QUOTE (KaosBanshee44 @ Sep 30 2008, 03:38 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=12050Thinking about ordering a more user friendly pusher

I ended up with the exact same headache you're going through with the pancake bearing pictured on the bottom of my pic...I went and bought another one because I got fed up with trying to rig the bottom one to work. The bearing in the top of my pic went in flawlessly, no problems, easy adjustment....if you're able to, get a different brand, your stress level will rapidly decrease, lol

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I think that's what i'm gonna do. It's weird cause the bolt feels like it isn't long enough to actually touch the ball. And when you set your adjuster how hard do you tighten the bolt up to the ball? What brand are you talking about that you ended up getting?

·
Premium Member
699 Posts
QUOTE (KaosBanshee44 @ Sep 30 2008, 08:07 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=12065I think that's what i'm gonna do. It's weird cause the bolt feels like it isn't long enough to actually touch the ball. And when you set your adjuster how hard do you tighten the bolt up to the ball? What brand are you talking about that you ended up getting?

I always adjusted my clutch by the little lever on the cases and the mark. I "think" the new one I got is cascade

·
Registered
189 Posts
QUOTE (KaosBanshee44 @ Sep 30 2008, 03:38 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=12050Thinking about ordering a more user friendly pusher

And yes thanks for the pictures...lol
FAST Jeff & Sandtoyz Unlimited John has them, saw them at John's a couple weeks ago...

1 - 20 of 41 Posts