ATV Drag Racer Forums banner
1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
This is a little off-topic, but may I ask how much oil you use in your pre-mix?

I usually use 3% in my Banshee motor and I won´t get that awesome "power-smoke" out of my pipes.

In my RD/RZ350 Streetbike I usually use 3.5 to 4% and there is a tad of that, but not enough.

-Pasi S.

·
Registered
56 Posts
This is a little off-topic, but may I ask how much oil you use in your pre-mix?

I usually use 3% in my Banshee motor and I won´t get that awesome "power-smoke" out of my pipes.

In my RD/RZ350 Streetbike I usually use 3.5 to 4% and there is a tad of that, but not enough.

-Pasi S.
Those runs were made using Sunoco 110 with 4 percent 927Castor.

My scanner is down at the moment, the graph shown was Peak HP @ 9800 RPM. Last pipe shown on video made 113.78HP 63.38 lbs tq. @ 9500RPM. Engine wasnt loaded hard enough due to me not having appropriate gearing on all runs, therefore blowdown temps never reached the designed 700D Celsius needed to make full power. Repetitive runs resulted in power fade from heat saturation before blowdown temps could be reached. Bottom line..this engine will make considerably more power than this set up properly for dyno observation...Jim

·
Registered
56 Posts
How come there is no over rev power? And why aren't there rpms in the video? Looks like the curve ran into a brick wall.
That chart is HP vs MPH. The HP vs. RPM looks a quite a bit different..approx. 400 RPM over-rev which is more than I ever need on my engines....Jim

·
Banned
14 Posts
How is someone suppose to know that from the crappy graph that is posted? A graph is useless without units.
The only scientific ways to measure any engines performance is units of horse-power, Watts (James Watt), Torque, Bmep (Brake mean effective pressure) and Joules of energy rated in Joules per second (James Prescott Joule). All of the above will clearly show maximum amount of work any engine will do. If you know any other way to measure engine performance that is SAE (Society of Automotive Engineering) certified, please turn me on to it. Any used by NHRA, IHRA, and NASCAR would be helpful too. Power to weight ratio is the true indicator of acceleration rate of any package.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Is this load dyno like an eddy or is it sprocketed very tall?

Just curious as you said before it didnt have enough load in a few of the runs?

thanks

chris

·
Registered
203 Posts
i love my 10mil wampus serval (cylinders are box stock)! check out this gopro video. me on 91 pump gas stock carbs leaving in 3rd gear with 9 paddle padla brats and stock swing arm. the bike i am running is 7mil cub alky and override 11 paddle rippers +12 arm. yea he beats me but i am totally stock looking with the exception of the x33 axle and wide a-arms. the wampus serval is 100% pure fun!!!

CP Industries rules!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sadLtl6U2sQ

·
Registered
24 Posts
The only scientific ways to measure any engines performance is units of horse-power, Watts (James Watt), Torque, Bmep (Brake mean effective pressure) and Joules of energy rated in Joules per second (James Prescott Joule). All of the above will clearly show maximum amount of work any engine will do. If you know any other way to measure engine performance that is SAE (Society of Automotive Engineering) certified, please turn me on to it. Any used by NHRA, IHRA, and NASCAR would be helpful too. Power to weight ratio is the true indicator of acceleration rate of any package.

I went to school for engineering. A graph is still useless without units. This is also the internet, it's rather fishy when people leave off units then make a claim as to what the values are.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Speaking of fishy, that is when dyno sheets are posted without notes, correction factor and a phone number to call to verify its real.
I completely understand your concern of authenticity since you dont know me. Those who do know me, are completely aware that my word itself is all thats needed. Below is the 3 different pipes tested on GAS, with notes and phone number etc. I might add that this dyno's accuracy and consistancy, along with it's un-bias and independant operators comprehensive skill and knowledge, have been observed and approved by other legitimate sources on this site...Jim

p.s. sorry it took so long to post it up, Ive had bigtime computer problems over the last few days.

http://youtu.be/TAQl0yac51A

·
Premium Member
3,418 Posts
Nice numbers Jim.

You could post a proven, documented and government certified cure for cancer and you'd have doubters.

I was one of the original doubters of the Dyno used...I learned, I shut up and apologized.

Something more folks need to do.

Brad/Jim/Gary....where is this bike gonna run at...out by you Brad? I'm assuming so since it's on gas and you have different fuel rules there.

Would be nice to see this run at a known 300 foot sand/paddle track as well!!!

Nice numbers again Jim....

·
Registered
28 Posts
I do not doubt Passion’s numbers but the dyno chart does not look correct, it must be a software/hardware issue. How can the air fuel curve end before the dyno run stops...? Not possible, all data is collected until the dyno operator ends the session. The fuel curve reference point is across the screen, but engine air/ fuel ratio comes to a end before or at about peak power, and data save is still continuing. I also noticed from the other chart, the torque curve ends and still shows peak HP when the torque has already drastically fell off, also not possible when HP is a function of torque.

This run I did clearly show air/fuel, power and torque until data save is stopped

Attachments

1 - 20 of 93 Posts