ATV Drag Racer Forums banner
61 - 80 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
692 Posts
I'm impressed how SRP and SCP are both handling it.

Glad to see SRP put it out there...and glad to see SCP accepted.

Obviously, Matt's had the target on his back for the longest time. But other competition is always good...and it benefits everyone.

Wish I could make this trip, I bet it'd be a blast.

Let me know Dave, got one spot left in the caravan.. lol

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
If this race goes down, better make damn sure everyone's watching. You know there'll be 500 different stories coming back to the forums

·
Premium Member
2,469 Posts
I will be there to Video this race.......But the name callin and other BS needs to stop.

You all are very good builders and dont need to be fightin about petty $hit.

But...this will be a good deal please everyone let me know when and where this will be @ and we can make this happen.

·
Premium Member
2,469 Posts
I like that idea.

Bobby or Radar should be on point (sorry to put you guys on the spot...you are just the most honest and laid back guys I know that will be there...
"cough" cough" bullchit......lol....

figures dave would point todd and myself out since he wont be there....lol

·
Registered
10 Posts
I would love to see this turn into the "battle of the builders". Gary has a fast 4 mil passion cub that he could bring. It would be awesome to see Nate throw his hat into the ring as well as D&M, K&T, HJR, etc. This could balloon into something pretty cool. Our sport needs a little boost right now.

Hats off to Matt for stepping up to the challenge and to Gary for starting the challenge.
. I would like to see Gary bring that 4 mil, and run SCP'S 4 mil. Passion's 10 mil should be able to win against a 4 mil, it's a bigger motor, and how bad what that be if the 4 mil wins or the 10 mil only wins by a tire, I know if my 10 could only beat a little 4 mil by a tire I wouldn't be very happy and I would be having some words with who ever did the motor.

·
Premium Member
3,418 Posts
"cough" cough" bullchit......lol....

figures dave would point todd and myself out since he wont be there....lol

Sorry...one of these years. All we talked about over the years..there are at least a dozen folks I would love to meet in person and hang out with.

I know Shayne is making it down and I think Chris is going with my old 10 mil HJR motor.

I would like to see how my old motor and setup stands up to these guys as well.

If Chris is going down, he'll have the SCP and SRP pipes there as well.

I'll have my SRP pipes back from a different builder soon.

Side note...guys, does this set of dunes have any sound or spark arrestor requirements? IF so...the SRP pipes I have stinger pipes...the old SCP pipes Chris is using are silenced.

I know...spark arrestors in the dunes is just dumb, I wouldn't want to see any sand catch on fire, but it's part of MI Riding. So I had to ask....

·
Registered
6 Posts
i drove by lil sahara last night on my way back from my lil brothers college football game,, and it made me wish my banshee was going and i was gonna be there for the race!!

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
i'll be watching this for sure.. if your going to do this do it right.

i feel frame and riders need to be decided. id LOVE to see the actual builders ride their own bike.

a distance needs to be decided.. and a set of "flaggers and a pair of win individuals need to be found.. ( shouldnt be hard)

a "time" needs to be set up as to when this would go down and no not saturday at 15 mins befoer dark.. i think this should initally happen after a few hours for tuning time.

and please no BS about slipping clutches, wrong tires, bad set ups. you both are builders you should be able to overcome any issues.

if this goes down and goes well it could be a very important event for both pipe makers.

this will be very neato to watch. both pipe builders running motors they have built or set up specifically to work with the pipes they designed. the best of the best.

·
Registered
6 Posts
ya good call cam... i couldnt agree more.. i know i have no cell coverage in that area and i only live 3hrs from lil sahara but since i wont be there i wish someone would post the play by play!

·
Premium Member
2,469 Posts
Either Myself or Radar will be flagger and the other @ the end of the track.

We will cone the area off and have a camera setup and foxgirl will be recording it.

time is up to the 2 races not us so them 2 can decide on it and go from there.

·
Registered
56 Posts
After talking to Gary, I propose the following rule suggestions.

1) NO ROLLING FRAME LIMITATIONS (WHEELIE BAR ALLOWED)

2) NORMALLY ASPIRATED 465CC OR LESS (NO TURBO, SUPERCHARGE, OR NITROUS)

3) MAX FUEL CHOICE IS PURE METHANOL AND RIDERS CHOICE OF OIL (no additives of any type)

4) 300FT RUN (BEST OF 3 RUNS IF NEEDED,OR REQUESTED BY EITHER RIDER)

5) RIDER CAN DEMAND UP TO 15 MINUTES BETWEEN RUNS FOR MINOR ADJUSTMENT OR COOL DOWN.

6) MULTIPLE SPOTTER DISCREPENCY MANDATES RE-RUN

7) SPOTTERS MUST BE IN AGREEMENT OF ALL ASPECTS OF THE RUN

Gary and Matt are within 20-30 lbs of each other, I hope thats close enough for their comfort. Gary is 220lbs. If there is a problem with the weight issue, speak now or hold your peace.

This should be great fun, we are looking forward to it.

Any other suggestions are welcome at this time...Jim

·
Premium Member
2,469 Posts
No offence but a wheelie bar isnt considered a dune race setup....plus if u run a bar out there its gonna whoop ur azz....seen it happen ALOT.

61 - 80 of 93 Posts