ATV Drag Racer Forums banner
81 - 93 of 93 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,953 Posts
I think this can be dicsussed but if its smooth and we are geting 310 or 350 feet on passes then I think that would be the race we all wanna see. I think we all can agree to no stupid stuff like turbos, nitrous or anything like that. I agree there should be no surprises. You have a 10 mil cub and I believe Matt is bringing his Cub which I believe he said will be a 4 mil and we just wanna see a good match race between pipe builders.

If we make it like say 3 or 5pm on Sat. that would give you guys plenty of time to know what the sand conditions are like for swingarm, tire or gearing changes etc. Everybody races on thurs and friday so I would think by Sat afternoon you guys will be lined out. This should be just a standard dune race like we all do at LS. If the cool down time is agreed upon by both racers then thats fine. Is this going to be a best 2 out of 3 ? I will say we will be VERY strict on jumping the line and if one or both racers jumps we will call you back. We wanna see a good race not a cheat.

Things to decide between you two .

Best 2 out of 3 or best out of 5?

NO wheelie bars. If you guys wanna race at the track too I can line up Sand Rat Drags strip for you later in the day. 1,000 or more people will wanna see this race on the dunes.

Time of races 3 pm or 5 PM on Sat. Good?

15 min cool down between passes

Race distance, standard dune race distance . We dont need to get stupid but if its smooth and we can get 310-370' lets do it.

Standard Gas/ Racegas/ Methanol banshee based motor. No nitro, nitrous, turbo, triples, snomo etc.

Close to 220 LB Rider

All sound fair?

·
Registered
219 Posts
I know that I don´t have enough "belt" to say anything, but hell yeah!! This is going to be one good race, and I hate that I don´t have even zero chance to see this alive.

-Pasi S

·
Registered
53 Posts
If this race goes down, better make damn sure everyone's watching. You know there'll be 500 different stories coming back to the forums

Video doesnt lie. Radar if you need another volunteer you know I will be there and be honest about a call on anything I see.

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
i second no bar..

out there they just screw with you..

id like to see this on friday if possible at 5pm on saturday its going to be after 3 days + or hardcore dune racing and one or both bikes may be broke..

please run them out as hard as possible again no excuses !!

if it wheelies to much i know a fat dude that can ride that will be more than happy to help.//.

·
Registered
219 Posts
if it wheelies to much i know a fat dude that can ride that will be more than happy to help.//.

You know that I´m allways willing to help, but I just can´t be there! Sorry!

-Pasi S.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Little Sahara Oklahoma, 10/6-10/9 BHQ Ride

Thanks TNT!

Just a thought here to Gary and Matt: Are you guys going to have any pipes that others could "try out" and/or buy on the spot? It seems like the perfect time for a "demo day" and to unload some product.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
I'm impressed how SRP and SCP are both handling it.

Glad to see SRP put it out there...and glad to see SCP accepted.

Obviously, Matt's had the target on his back for the longest time. But other competition is always good...and it benefits everyone.

Wish I could make this trip, I bet it'd be a blast.

my bike is sittin in the garage if ya wanna take it dave... I dont have the coin to go and its the same time as my brothers wedding so I cant go,,,,, your welcome to go see how a titan motor compares....

·
Premium Member
1,953 Posts
Just because Matt Shearer accepted the challenge to everyone in the atv race world doesn't mean its closed to others. I'd love to see others with less than 465ccs take it also. I'm not namin names but there's a few others that will be there as well as a couple builders with very fast cubs and stock cyls. Many will be out racing all weekend.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Well most of you know by now that we will be there as always. I'm def not one to get on here and call out anyone or any of that nonsense nor will I place any wagers, but we will be there and looking forward to racing everyone just like always. I hope nobody is underestimating LS because you are making a big mistake if you are there are some extremely fast bikes in OK and sounds like coming in from all over the nation. We are there every big weekend racing and supporting just like always. To Gary and Jim I really hope that you guys make it out to race we are looking forward to it. In 10 years of serious drag racing at LS i don't think i have ever seen either of you there or maybe just didn't notice you so i hope you can make this one. I will have a range of bikes from small to large and plenty of customers there with my engines as well so everyone will get to see what we can do, not that its some big secret we are there every big weekend.

Hope everyone has a safe trip cant wait to see you all there and remember to bring it!

Andy

·
Registered
337 Posts
Lets here from all the people who were there that raced. It sounds like Matt cleaned up. Time to spill the beans gentlemen.

81 - 93 of 93 Posts