ATV Drag Racer Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wanted to first of all thank Dave(dajogejr). I asked about some bolt on stingers in someones post and Dave sent me a message explaining he had a set he doesn't use and would give them to me. Not only did he give them to me, but he shipped them to me his cost. Once again, thank you very much Dave.

After Dave sent them in the mail he notified me that they were on their way and wondered if I would polish them to see how the chromoly would turn out. So here are before and after images. I coated them real good w/turtle wax so we will see how they hold up to a very humid Michigan summer.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Those look awesome & Dave will always help all involved in the sport. I'm sure we can all agree on that! He's been helping me for years too! Thank you much Dj!!!

·
Registered
1,003,688 Posts
damn, those turned out nice... as for dave , ive dealt wth and chatted at him for acouple yrs now. i will agree he's a great guy to have around,.
always willin to help , and if he doesnt know something hell try his best to find out for u .

·
Registered
143 Posts
You worried about rust? They definatly look nice polished up. Have you heard of TSI? Its a solvent type liquid that soaks into the pores of metals, even hard metals, and stops rust from ever becoming an issue. We use is at work on case hardend polished rails for slides and what not. It doesnt wear off or anything, its like the consistency of water, use a rag, rub it on the part so its shiney, let it dry and your good, I like to use a few coats if its a wear item. It even soaks into chromes and wont cause it to flake or anything. Might be worth a shot if the wax wears too easy. But they look nice regardless!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.