ATV Drag Racer Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up a pilot cylindered R motor but rod is broke..it had a 7mm crank in it, its a 85mm bore, Cylinder was modified to bolt up on a stock case, It has engine trix head w/ a dome, Packard built the motor originally and it did 104hp on alky I am wanting to set it up on gas... Anyone w/ some insight on this would be greatly aprreciated.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE (blasterman88 @ Nov 4 2008, 11:38 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=14840So is it the 137mm rod then you need?

IDK.. Thats what im tryn to figure out... I am tryn to get a hold of the guy were I got it frm. If all else fails I could probably call packard

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thats what the guy said... maybe he meant a 7mm rod???? Called packard he wasnt much help, He said there is a cple diff combos people use out there

So will the 137mm yz rod work with a honda crank??

Piston is out of a 400 scrambler

·
Registered
473 Posts
as far as i know all the ones pakerd did was 7mm stroke good luck on getting any thing out of Packard i cant believe he would not tell you what rod it was but thats packard good guy but real hush huch give me a call tomorrow evening jp i will give you the hook up on the rod

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
QUOTE (carolina shaker @ Nov 4 2008, 08:55 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=14872as far as i know all the ones pakerd did was 7mm stroke good luck on getting any thing out of Packard i cant believe he would not tell you what rod it was but thats packard good guy but real hush huch give me a call tomorrow evening jp i will give you the hook up on the rod

Ok I will try Im leavin to go out of town again for work, But I will try and call ya

·
Registered
473 Posts
QUOTE (JP374 @ Nov 4 2008, 09:02 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=14876
Ok I will try Im leavin to go out of town again for work, But I will try and call ya
yea thats cool do you know what piston is in yours ,most had Odyssey piston with a spacer or it could be a 83-85mm from a Polaris, ftz all so built that set up and i think but maybe wrong on these one but i believe k&t may have did a couple .if you could get a holed of trix i think he Had packard one cant remember . but give me the info on the piston used and spacer thickens and i can tell you what rod. i think i know what rod it is ,but get me that info and i can be 100% suer

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
spacer plate is 3mm, crank 7mm, rod 132mm out of ktm 300.

What options do I have w/ this??

Could I run a 4mm crank w/o 3mm spacer plate?

Or a 5mm crank w/ 2mm spacer and 128mm rod?

Does anyone make 7mm crank?

The crank I got has been welded and trued but needs a rod is there anyone that will be able to replace this or do I need to get a new crank.

I have a 4mm hot rods crank. and 4 stock long rod cranks in great shape that I cld use as well.

Any help much appreciated, JP

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
QUOTE (SandTrix @ Nov 11 2008, 10:43 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=15773they were 7mm strokers....I would send it down to crankworks and have them set it back up like it was. the pilot motors made more tq than any of the other R conversions.
Ok I will call crankworks.... Thanks Trix

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks Trix, I called crankworks they are gnna hook me up I can use the old crank and they will put new rod on and polish up crank halves to remove any dings or sharp edges for $70 bucks.... They even have the rod in stock.

I am goin to resleeve cylinder and take it back to the 83mm piston as well.

What kinda power do these things make?

Supposedly it made 102hp an alky b4.......

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.