ATV Drag Racer Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to be throwing a dual outlet pingle on my stock banshee gas tank in the next few weeks.

I've read a lot about then not sealing properly, etc....
My plan is to completely drain the tank and let it sit for a few days opened up...let it dry out good, probably clean it with some brake clean.

Are you guys using some 1104 or something like that to help seal it, etc?

·
Premium Member
2,469 Posts
I bought some rubber from Mcmaster carr that is gas resitant had to cut it out to fit and made the holes smaller than the little piece of rubber they sent me.

If you need any of it let me know.

·
Premium Member
3,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep...sure do. I don't have time to hit the stores, etc.
I'll throw you some paper, let me know how much and if you still need my address.

I won't be ordering my pingle for another week or so, just need it for the race in October....
Thanks!!!!

Any chance you have temp resistant rubber that I could put on my frame rail where the pipe rests??

·
Premium Member
2,469 Posts
I will send it out tomorrow.

I used some radiator hose for my frame rails and have some of that to....

·
Premium Member
2,469 Posts
i used it on mine and it does pretty good, but i dont have much power to get the pipes hott enough...lol

No worries.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Pingel I got had a rubber gasket (plate). LOTS of teflon tape and no problems. I've never heard of them leaking.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Dave I used thread tape as well and just wraped it on the threads so many times to time the outlets pointing where I needed them to and havn't had a single leak in almost 2 years...Like mentioned earlier mine also came with a rubber gasket seal to go up against the tank..

1 - 15 of 15 Posts