ATV Drag Racer Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
466 Posts
I have always heard sb pipes make more HP on a dyno but BB pipes will run better times on a track. BB pipes have better "useable" power from what I have heard from a couple guys that own dyno's.

·
Premium Member
699 Posts
QUOTE (dunejumper @ Sep 25 2008, 05:58 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=11655BB pipes have better "useable" power from what I have heard from a couple guys that own dyno's.

That's exactly what I'm noticing from my switch to BB pipes over the SB. Less over-rev, broader powerband, more useable power...It did "seem" that the SB pipes pulled a bit harder, but the powerband was much more narrow...Just my opinion

·
Premium Member
3,418 Posts
I will be able to tell you guys just that after this weekend coming up.
My pipes (big bore) are in for repair...

I'm bringing a set of Shearer big and small bore to the races, for my 10 mil cub.

4 different (well respected) folks ALL said small bore on a 10 mil cub.

His current Big Bore pipe was designed for a 535cc Cheetah...

I've got 10 hours of test and tune on Friday, 10 to 8. Going to try both sets of pipes, gearing, etc...
I'll let you know when I get back from racing.

·
Registered
28 Posts
what was the outcome of the pipes?QUOTE (dajogejr @ Oct 5 2008, 06:23 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=12502I will be able to tell you guys just that after this weekend coming up.
My pipes (big bore) are in for repair...

I'm bringing a set of Shearer big and small bore to the races, for my 10 mil cub.

4 different (well respected) folks ALL said small bore on a 10 mil cub.

His current Big Bore pipe was designed for a 535cc Cheetah...

I've got 10 hours of test and tune on Friday, 10 to 8. Going to try both sets of pipes, gearing, etc...
I'll let you know when I get back from racing.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.