ATV Drag Racer Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,003,688 Posts
bigboybanshee had sb grr pipes and now runs bb shears... pm him (travis)

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
QUOTE (kawiking @ Sep 24 2008, 05:44 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=11614bigboybanshee had sb grr pipes and now runs bb shears... pm him (travis)

Im pretty sure the bb works better on the 10mill cubs cause the down fall is the exhaust flanges are not big enough to begain with.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Depends on who does the porting, what the builder likes, dyno tests, etc. etc.

I've heard the SB pipes have even been nixed because they aren't as good as scavenging heat.

·
Premium Member
466 Posts
I have always heard sb pipes make more HP on a dyno but BB pipes will run better times on a track. BB pipes have better "useable" power from what I have heard from a couple guys that own dyno's.

·
Premium Member
699 Posts
QUOTE (dunejumper @ Sep 25 2008, 05:58 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=11655BB pipes have better "useable" power from what I have heard from a couple guys that own dyno's.

That's exactly what I'm noticing from my switch to BB pipes over the SB. Less over-rev, broader powerband, more useable power...It did "seem" that the SB pipes pulled a bit harder, but the powerband was much more narrow...Just my opinion

·
Registered
1,003,688 Posts
i d like to see some dyno sheets for a 4 mill .. between the sb-bb pipes

·
Premium Member
3,418 Posts
I will be able to tell you guys just that after this weekend coming up.
My pipes (big bore) are in for repair...

I'm bringing a set of Shearer big and small bore to the races, for my 10 mil cub.

4 different (well respected) folks ALL said small bore on a 10 mil cub.

His current Big Bore pipe was designed for a 535cc Cheetah...

I've got 10 hours of test and tune on Friday, 10 to 8. Going to try both sets of pipes, gearing, etc...
I'll let you know when I get back from racing.

·
Registered
28 Posts
what was the outcome of the pipes?QUOTE (dajogejr @ Oct 5 2008, 06:23 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=12502I will be able to tell you guys just that after this weekend coming up.
My pipes (big bore) are in for repair...

I'm bringing a set of Shearer big and small bore to the races, for my 10 mil cub.

4 different (well respected) folks ALL said small bore on a 10 mil cub.

His current Big Bore pipe was designed for a 535cc Cheetah...

I've got 10 hours of test and tune on Friday, 10 to 8. Going to try both sets of pipes, gearing, etc...
I'll let you know when I get back from racing.

·
Registered
28 Posts
QUOTE (dajogejr @ Oct 14 2008, 05:47 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=13087Well..I had every intention....

Broke after the first pass...then took a little time to fix and get back out.
Never got a chance to run small bores, sorry..

thats to bad, was hoping you had tested the two pipes.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts