ATV Drag Racer Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im thinking about venturing into the polishing buisness part time out of my garage. any tips into getting it done nicely?

·
Registered
209 Posts
patience, and lots of it. Get a good buffer, don't skimp, cheap ones burn up.
Ans get good compounds and wheels, it makes a huge difference in the final product
I am having a buffer built using a 1hp motor, it will be belt driven and can run up to a 12" wheel with plenty of room to work bigger parts

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
QUOTE (bigboybanshee @ Dec 4 2008, 01:12 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=18651I do polishing on the side, it's not too bad if you have the right tools.

3M roloc pads
die grinder
bench grinder
good compounds
elbow grease

if i get it down. what is a price to charge.

·
Premium Member
699 Posts
QUOTE (vr350 @ Dec 4 2008, 01:42 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=18659And lots of patience. I have had better luck with the 1750rpm motors than the faster ones.

Patience is a must, lol! I'll get as comfortable as possible, turn on the tunes and go to town. I'm actually doing a set of cylinders/head/clutch cover this weekend

Cascade's website is a great reference for pricing, but I always do it for less. I'm don't do it for the money, I just like making things shine

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.