ATV Drag Racer Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well picked up a cylinder head for my 07 Dodge. Started porting the head this past weekend and I can say it is the worst head I have every worked on, a lot of castings flaws that need to be cleaned up. They are before and after pictures of what I have done so far. It is not finished by no means, I would say I have another 40 hours on this head.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank You Sir...

·
Registered
62 Posts
It's just gonna take lots of time & patience. At least you only have 1 head to do. I'm lookin at getting the heads ported for my 6.0 Powerstroke. I've never ported diesel heads before so hopefully the end result will not be too terrible.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looked at a set of 6.0 power stroke heads this past weekend and the exhaust bowls look just as bad as mine.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nope, 24 oversized valves will be expensive. I have a bet with a friend of mine that is pushing 70+ pounds of boost with compound turbo's I can smoke his a$$ with my 07 dodge with 40 pounds of boost and a proper tune with modded injectors and of course my ported 24V cylinder head.

He has 275hp injectors, Serverely modded P7100 injection pump, custom fuel system, etc, etc....

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have already beaten him once when he had 175hp injectors, it was a close race all the way in a mile race in my wore out 218000 mile truck, he was about one length behind me at the finish.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Keep us posted on your progress. And post up a video of your next diesel race. In recent years, i've been getting more interested in diesel performance. Unfortunately, I found out recently what happens when the head gasket fails 28 days out of warranty on my truck.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yes that does hurt... I have been interested in it for some time now and just recently have been able to spend a little more on different mods. No matter which brand of diesel you choose it all cost money. Which one is cheaper to mod out??? I don't know I went with Cummins due to the reason there are so many of them out their and can find bargins here and there. Injectors for the common rail are not cheap and have a life of 80000 to 100000 miles I have been told. I have 218000 on my injectors now in my truck so I am pushing my luck.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
5 Inch exhaust, Smarty download only 60hp setting, CFM intake, airraid filter set-up and thats it

Going to a Wilson Manifold, Fass 95gph fuel system, ported head by me, 62mm inducer turbo, 50hp rebuilt injectors, ported stock exhaust manifold..thats it Oh one more thing water/meth injection..

Needing to save up for a tranny after this gets done...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.