ATV Drag Racer Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some of you may know I recently wrecked my new ride and caused a whole lotta damage. This happended on the second weekend i rode this bike since building it so I am scrambling to get it back together to at least get to ride a few times. A few friends helped me out and I got most of what I needed except I needed two new tie rods and a heim joint to finish her it back up. I want to do this all quickly so I can get it back together for the 4th of July weekend. I make a few calls and end up hooking up w/Tim from Stellar Machine and Performance. He spends some time on the phone w/me(on Friday and he is in AZ I am in Michigan)and says he has the tie rods and heim and will ship them out right away. He charged me a measly $45 and I get them on Tuesday. Awesome I thought.

Well, fast forward to Saturday night, I get everything back together only to realize the swingarm(new this year) is also slightly bent. I was bummed out and told the wife I wasn't going to the dunes for the 4th and figured I need one anyway I better get looking for a swingarm. Nothing I was interested in popped up so I figure I will call Tim and hopefully he can get me one in the next couple of weeks so I can make some races coming up. Tim tells me he happens to be having a sale and can get me one made up right away(this was at 12:00 eastern today). I get a message from Tim at 5:45ish eastern w/a fed ex tracking # stating it is on the way! As many great people as I have dealt with in this industry, I have never seen customer service like this. I now may have to try and change plans w/the wife again and go to the dunes after all.

Thanks again Tim, you have won over a life long customer!

·
Registered
550 Posts
I have done a LOT of business back and forth with Stellar Machine and Performance. If Tim, wasn't the man that he is, I wouldn't spend money at his shop.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Thanks guys for all of the positive feedback. And Damian, Im glad I was able to get things going for you on such short notice. Hopefully you are able to make it out this weekend.

I guess I have just been dealing with people in custom markets for long enough to know what is expected. And when you meet and or exceed their expectations, they abo[censored]ely love you. And that is how I go about treating every client. Most of my clients I have built an ongoing relationship with. They call me up for the simplest of questions because they know I will make the time to help them out. It can be difficult, trying to answer phone calls, emails, pm's and juggle the work load as well. But if I cant make time to speak with clients, then the customer service goes down the drain. Im not getting rich any time soon. But I do love what I do, and I have met and made some incredible friends along the way.

Thank you guys for all of the support.

Tim

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
One of these days Tim I am going to organize a trip w/as many of us northern boys as I can to come out your way and do some racin. We'll all hook up and have a good time!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.