ATV Drag Racer Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a pro-x 330 stock stroke that is currently set up for flat track by adrenaline atv that I'm wantin to start doing 1/8 mile asphault drag with. I have the FTZ in frame pipe, cr ignition, 39 pwk, esr air box eliminator kit, and boysen rad valves. I'm new to the drag racing world. what do you guys suggest that I need to change and who to send it to. I was also thinking about doing a 4 mil stroker??

·
Banned
786 Posts
threr are several who do good work !!! i would send it to macanic on here, hes from st.louis area and IS ONE OF THE BEST and honest if that means nething

hes been porting for several years now and his STUFF R.U.N.S.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
you wont pick up a huge amount going to a stroker but you so far have all the right parts. as josh says there are a few guys that do it on the side or you could go the dave moore , packard , nate mccoy route too

·
Registered
396 Posts
talk to bubba-he has been racing for a very long time-
If you decide who to go with be sur that they are willing to explain to you on what, why and how there are working on your stuff-
I started out with a 265 r and now I am up to the 370.
I am not set up to run that bike on asphalt-no tires -plus be to violent on the take off.
Where are you racing at?
we been to centerville a few time-
I know Bubba and a few freinds of ours went to prescott last year-
Pm him Bubba297

·
Registered
767 Posts
Thanks for the kind words wifey

Brandon, get ahold of Macanic on here (Matt). He is the other closest person in this area to you.He is a great guy to deal with and can make it run. As of right now I cannot take on any more work. I have a few engines to build and some cylinders to port. Having a regular job it is going to be a month or 2 before I get caught up. Macanic will do you an awesome job, and he runs the 330 setup.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
QUOTE (bubba297 @ May 4 2009, 08:08 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=41047Thanks for the kind words wifey

Brandon, get ahold of Macanic on here (Matt). He is the other closest person in this area to you.He is a great guy to deal with and can make it run. As of right now I cannot take on any more work. I have a few engines to build and some cylinders to port. Having a regular job it is going to be a month or 2 before I get caught up. Macanic will do you an awesome job, and he runs the 330 setup.

Yea macanic is who ported it the first time when I set it up for flat track. He told me to get a drag pipe, convert to alky, and a override would help me more than reporting it. I kinda want to stay on gas cuz I know nothing about alky. What kind of times do you guys run in 1/8th mile. Or what should I be getting on my bike with a flat track setup with a wheelie bar?

·
Registered
396 Posts
Well I havn't run it on asphalt- with the right set up I feel I could run 6.90 maybe 6.80 with the right set up. I don't have a lock up and the r would be violent on take off. (afraid I would break something). I noticed the biggest time saver was the override- I am still on gas- I hate having to clean it out while I am staging- plus you don't have to purge. I know on my bike I make up most of my time in the 1st 60ft. If you could get a good take off you could make some good times. Where are you going to race at?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
QUOTE (dana265 @ May 5 2009, 09:23 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=41437Well I havn't run it on asphalt- with the right set up I feel I could run 6.90 maybe 6.80 with the right set up. I don't have a lock up and the r would be violent on take off. (afraid I would break something). I noticed the biggest time saver was the override- I am still on gas- I hate having to clean it out while I am staging- plus you don't have to purge. I know on my bike I make up most of my time in the 1st 60ft. If you could get a good take off you could make some good times. Where are you going to race at?

Newport drag strip.There isn't but one other 4wheeler that ever goes up there and its a snomoquad. They will make me run against motorcycles. Other than that I will just be street racing it

·
Registered
396 Posts
QUOTE (brandon72396 @ May 5 2009, 09:53 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=41446Newport drag strip.There isn't but one other 4wheeler that ever goes up there and its a snomoquad. They will make me run against motorcycles. Other than that I will just be street racing it
Do they race Sat night? And last time we went to Newport they where racing on the old airplane strip- is this where it is still at? Bubba likes racing the asphat. maybe we could get a group together one weekend. We live here in Russelleville and I work in Conway.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yea that is where they still race. I have to find me a strut for the rear and I ordered new clutches today so maybe I can go back soon. The snomoquad is running mid 5's. I have friends that race motorcycles there and I just go run some time trials to have fun and watch them

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.