ATV Drag Racer Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
QUOTE (methyman @ Dec 10 2008, 06:42 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=20108You have a part number?

V3170H

you would have to call mototassari for exact specifics, but i think they were designed for one of the CP cylinders (probly the puma but im not sure).

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HONDA-CR500...sQ5fAccessories

heres a link for them on ebay, they say theyre for a cr500, they do have the same bolt pattern but the intake hole on the manifold isnt exactly the same as the hole in the insert, so alittle grinding on the insert is required. i heard that mototassari was working on a insert specifically designed for a cr500 manifold

·
Registered
35 Posts
Yeah, the case savers get a little thin with a fifteen. A seventeen tooth and you have to grind and use a little epoxy so the oil won't seep out, lol. That looks like my intake boot. But I've got a little bigger carb in it than the 48. A real tight fit.

Josh, you might as well put a bigger sprocket on. Unless you've got some real big tires. What size tires are you going to run? I ran a fifteen on my 270 with 12 paddle extremes. I haven't had a chance to get mine out yet to see what gearing I'm going to run. I'm going to start with a fifteen(16 tooth's on backorder, since Nov 8th) with a 37 on the back. I'm starting with 72" 14 paddle extremes. If I blow them out I'll put the 80" 16's on, lol.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
they make nice case savers now to take the 15 tooth ....... josh you should jump down to a 14/37-36 or a 15 37 36 see how that is find the ratios of the gearing changes divide the front # of teeth into the rear example 14 / 37 2.64 ration 14/38 2.71 this should help you front sprokets are always cheaper lol on my quad right now im running a 14 /37 but next year im going to try the 15 / 38 or 37

·
Registered
35 Posts
If everything is set up right, motor wise, you'll probably want to go ahead and put at least a 15 on the front. I ran 15/39-41 gearing with my 270 with 12 paddle superlights. You've got a lot more torque than my little 270 did, lol. How long of a swingarm are you going to run?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Josh, I know exactly what you mean by turning into a big deal. I'm just now getting mine started and it's 20 degrees outside. I guess I can take my time with it now. One issue after another. Hopefuly I've got it worked out now though. Good luck with yours.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.