ATV Drag Racer Forums banner

Purge Mixture

9K views 50 replies 14 participants last post by  06banshee 
#1 ·
Anyone tried Klotz uplon for purge mix for the meth bikes?

Uplon is the upper end lube that the 4 strokers sometimes use for methanol...it cleans the corrosive meth out of the bikes.

I know Tedders uses it, anyone else?

http://www.klotzlube.com/storeProdDetails.asp?pi=20

#2 ·
QUOTE (dajogejr @ May 30 2008, 05:25 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1447Anyone tried Klotz uplon for purge mix for the meth bikes?

Uplon is the upper end lube that the 4 strokers sometimes use for methanol...it cleans the corrosive meth out of the bikes.

What kind of Klotz oil are we talking about? The R50 stuff isn't supposed to be used with alcohol.

I am a Castor 927 fan...........

#3 ·
Will you go back home and take your meds please?

I use SuperTechniplate with methanol, I used to use Benoil, but it separates in cold temps...and we ride the ice in the winter here.

I'm talking about the oil for your purge gas.... I use 20:1 mixture of super techniplate and 93 octane...but I'm thinking of switching to uplon because of it's cleaning agents for the methanol...

Mr. Rogers Neighborhood will be on soon, I don't want you to miss the all new season, go watch TV....

#8 ·
QUOTE (more-torque @ May 30 2008, 01:39 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1470"You guys don't use Walmart's tech2000 30wt???! Wow. You guys are wierd..." LOL

Oh, ya then there's the other crowd..."You mean you purge your alky bikes???! Strange."

I typically get a half and half mix of Crisco and Mazola.

The Crisco has superior coating abilities over caster oil, and the Mazola burns clean, very little smoke or residue.
Plus...you get that fried chicken smell...LOL.

I learned the semi-hard way to use the same methanol compatible premix in my purge fuel. I used to use R50 to purge. Gummed up my carbs pretty good....

#10 ·
The main reason I purge with a lot of oil is to coat the crank bearings....I use 20:1. I think the right ratio is going to be just like anything else, your own personal preference...

I used to use the 20:1 in my chainsaw and weedeater, it was just too much oil...
Too bad...it was "kinda" like being at the track without being there....

LOL

#11 ·
QUOTE (dajogejr @ May 30 2008, 03:21 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1479The main reason I purge with a lot of oil is to coat the crank bearings....I use 20:1. I think the right ratio is going to be just like anything else, your own personal preference...

I used to use the 20:1 in my chainsaw and weedeater, it was just too much oil...
Too bad...it was "kinda" like being at the track without being there....

LOL

dave you ain't right...LOL

#12 ·
Dave moore doesnt purge.But I dont think its that big of a hassle to purge so I just do it and my builder says to purge so I do.

I just switched to the supertechinplate stuff.Used to run benol.But I purge at 32:1.Is it just me or does this stuff give you headaches?I got the worst headache from smelling it.

#13 ·
QUOTE (06banshee @ May 30 2008, 06:34 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1497Dave moore doesnt purge.But I dont think its that big of a hassle to purge so I just do it and my builder says to purge so I do.

I just switched to the supertechinplate stuff.Used to run benol.But I purge at 32:1.Is it just me or does this stuff give you headaches?I got the worst headache from smelling it.

seems a lot of you are going with supertechinplate?? maybe I need to look into doing that myself..?

#16 ·
QUOTE (dajogejr @ May 30 2008, 07:19 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1454Will you go back home and take your meds please?

I use SuperTechniplate with methanol, I used to use Benoil, but it separates in cold temps...and we ride the ice in the winter here.

I'm talking about the oil for your purge gas.... I use 20:1 mixture of super techniplate and 93 octane...but I'm thinking of switching to uplon because of it's cleaning agents for the methanol...

Mr. Rogers Neighborhood will be on soon, I don't want you to miss the all new season, go watch TV....
The trick here is that if you use a non-alcohol compatible oil with your purge gas you can easily wing up with a gummy coagulated mess inside your engine or carbs if there is any fuel pooling going on anywhere.

............and leave that crackhead Mr. Rogers out of it.

#20 ·
QUOTE (lunatic @ Jun 1 2008, 12:41 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1610I run 927 @32:1 and purge with av-gas yamaha 2-r @32:1 and havent had the bowls off in 3yrs. I have left the purge fuel in the carbs all winter with zero problems.

very Interesting...
the yamie 2-r MUST mix better with methanol than the R50 I was using...

Off topic, can you tell me why you use AV gas to purge instead of pump fuel? Is this the standard or LL AV gas?

#21 ·
QUOTE (dajogejr @ May 30 2008, 07:25 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1447Anyone tried Klotz uplon for purge mix for the meth bikes?

i never used uplon, however i do run 927 in my bikes. i buy it by the case so i mix it with gas and alky. been working just fine for me and dosen't smell bad like klotz oils do.

i mix at 20-1 32oz per 5 gallons. i believe in plenty of lube, oil is cheaper and rebuilds!!!

#23 ·
[quote name='phatboyz' date='Jun 1 2008, 10:09 PM' post='1671']
I had nothing but problems with castor 927 with my R motor..It gunked up my carbs and reeds to a point of gel on my mostly stock R motor for my duner..I switched to klotz and never had a problem with it...
[/quot

So Supertechniplate is one of the top lubes to use? What is a good mixing ratio for purge gas and Alky mix??

#26 ·
I use Redline Alky pre mix with alky, and urge with 110 and Redline 2 stroke. I had about 2 gal of supertechniplate when i was on the dyno, and small birdie said he has seen quite of few crank bearing issues and rod bearing issues with super T. Did i say small birdie? Big birdie! LOL

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.