ATV Drag Racer Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys, here in a few short months I will be back state side moving ot Texas for a few months before going to Nebraska. I am gong to start working on getting my quad running again, and tuned. I have a few questions for jetting.

I am running 38mm TM's with adjustable PJ's. When playing with the jetting, do the dump tube and the mains need to match? What jetting are you guys running? Also, I only got to ride my bike one time after having it drag ported and swithingto alky, the right carb seemed to not be getting enough fuel, while the left was always full. Looking at the fuel lines, you could see th fuel not making its way to the carb. Anyone else deal with this? What did you do to fix it?

I am running a pump, and tried a few differant means of running my fuel lines but none of completly solved th problem. Then we had to o home so I haven't been able to pla with it since then.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can't remember off the top of my head what needle is in it... I haven't seen my bike since Thanksgiving when I flew out here. I assume the pump is good. I haven't rebuilt it becasue like I said I rode it one time, and then found out very shortly after that, that I was being sent to Japan.

·
Registered
550 Posts
QUOTE (Bansh-eman @ Jul 16 2009, 01:07 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=50433I can't remember off the top of my head what needle is in it... I haven't seen my bike since Thanksgiving when I flew out here. I assume the pump is good. I haven't rebuilt it becasue like I said I rode it one time, and then found out very shortly after that, that I was being sent to Japan.
Right on. I remember now.

If the pump is good, then you should be running 118 mains.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If I recall correctly,I had 118 mainsand dumps but it ran like crap. Dropped to 117 but one of the mains broke off, and I ended up with 116's anda fatter needle. I could be mistaken though. Like I said it's been a while that any of this has been onmy mind. I want to find a place close to Houston that I can just go dyno tune it and be done with it. that way all i have t do is fine tuning when I go to ride.

As I added a ton of timing both to the plate and to the dyna it started to run better. I was breaking up really bad on top.

·
Registered
803 Posts
QUOTE (Bansh-eman @ Jul 16 2009, 02:10 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=50443If I recall correctly,I had 118 mainsand dumps but it ran like crap. Dropped to 117 but one of the mains broke off, and I ended up with 116's anda fatter needle. I could be mistaken though. Like I said it's been a while that any of this has been onmy mind. I want to find a place close to Houston that I can just go dyno tune it and be done with it. that way all i have t do is fine tuning when I go to ride.

As I added a ton of timing both to the plate and to the dyna it started to run better. I was breaking up really bad on top.
My dumps are at .120 with .116 mains and the needle on the 4th clip up,stock needle,runs great with pj's at about 3 turns out in this heat.HTH.I'm almost at sea level.421 cub.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.