ATV Drag Racer Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dang Bill......have to take a loan on the house or hit the lotto for one of those bad boys.....I guess a radar gun is out of my league for now.

·
Premium Member
466 Posts
I have heard the hot wheels radar guns work well but have never tried one. I use a bushnell that I bought from radio shack for under $100

·
Premium Member
466 Posts
Ok there you go don't use the hot wheels one but I have had mine for 2 years now and never changed the batterys

·
Registered
534 Posts
I have used every one of them, the cheap ones are an absolute joke when you are standing at the bottom of a long hill. The SUPERBAD cop lightar ones are about $3k, makes the decaturs look like chump change.

·
Premium Member
1,245 Posts
I like my stalker pro more than my old prospeed Bill. It registers the speed increments faster plus it has all sorts of different settings and ranges that you can mess with for increased accuracy. They aren't as "cool" looking as the prospeeds though

·
Premium Member
1,245 Posts
Oh and those cheap guns are a joke. They'll click off an updated speed every other second or so. It is impossible to get an accurate reading with them.

·
Registered
534 Posts
I have a newer prospeed than the one I am using, sitting in a closet, it has the data port, and I have the software sitting next to it to download to a laptop. You can get G-forces, 0-60, 60ft times, etc etc etc. I should probably sell mine and update. I get "technology overload" sometimes, and kinda like to just stick to what has worked before. "Technology" has a way of taking up half my day sometimes, and that is the part of the day I don't get paid for. I like to have a good time when I go to the dunes, leave work and all the related bs @ home.

·
Premium Member
1,245 Posts
QUOTE (REDLINE @ Sep 26 2008, 09:59 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=11860I have a newer prospeed than the one I am using, sitting in a closet, it has the data port, and I have the software sitting next to it to download to a laptop. You can get G-forces, 0-60, 60ft times, etc etc etc. I should probably sell mine and update. I get "technology overload" sometimes, and kinda like to just stick to what has worked before. "Technology" has a way of taking up half my day sometimes, and that is the part of the day I don't get paid for. I like to have a good time when I go to the dunes, leave work and all the related bs @ home.

Yup, the data guns are really cool. I was VERY tempted to buy a stalker STATS gun which records all of your runs and you can plug it into a computer and it plots your acceloration for the duration of the pass. That way you can check your top speed, but also compare your runs against each other to see which pass was the best.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I just guesstimate........then add .5mph FOR EVERY BEER WE DRINK IN CAMP THAT NIGHT....
.LOL

·
Registered
196 Posts
Of course nothing beats thr DELL radar gun.. LOL

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Bill, If I still have a house, truck, and banshee after winter, Ill take ya up on that offer. LOL.....gettin a little tight around here now.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts