ATV Drag Racer Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to say a quick thanks to Radar for helping me on my new Mini Quad.

I picked up a 50cc Dinli kid's quad, and it's like starting out from scratch.

I managed to gut the stock wiring harness and all the "junk" for a nice, clean and functional bike.

I'm getting some hop up parts in trade with Radar, and he's taken a bit of time out of his day to help me with some basics of how these bikes work, what is good/bad and he helped me slim down my harness to like 5 wires.

Even sent me a picture of what the CDI looks like (don't laugh, a lot of electrical crap on this bike...it even had a brain that looks like a banshee CDI but it was for remote control shut down, kids quad..remember)

Anyways, thanks for the help Todd, I appreciate it!!

·
Registered
473 Posts
Just wanted to say a quick thanks to Radar for helping me on my new Mini Quad.

I picked up a 50cc Dinli kid's quad, and it's like starting out from scratch.

I managed to gut the stock wiring harness and all the "junk" for a nice, clean and functional bike.

I'm getting some hop up parts in trade with Radar, and he's taken a bit of time out of his day to help me with some basics of how these bikes work, what is good/bad and he helped me slim down my harness to like 5 wires.

Even sent me a picture of what the CDI looks like (don't laugh, a lot of electrical crap on this bike...it even had a brain that looks like a banshee CDI but it was for remote control shut down, kids quad..remember)

Anyways, thanks for the help Todd, I appreciate it!!
i 2nd that motion daj i got a mini and new nothing after radar got done with me i knew more than a grown man should, about a mini lol . like you said he took time out of the day to help and even answered my dumb questions without calling them dumb . cool dude in my book. i think the site needs a mini section and appoint radar as the tech man lol, ps thanks radar

·
Premium Member
1,953 Posts
You're welcome I'm just trying to help you guys out.

I've got 3 kids myself and the kids are always fun taking to the track. I take my kids about everywhere, to the dunes, hunting etc.

Dajogejr we should do a before and after vid of your little 50 or a writeup with pics of how to do the stuff. Bone stock and then piped up and clutched,big carb etc and see the difference.

·
Premium Member
3,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think that's a great idea!! The smile on the 7 year olds face could lighten up a room...

I ran it out of gas...and he was bummed...had to run the store for a fresh can of premium.

Just for the hey, I compression checked it and it's at 150 PSI on a quality Snap On gauge...so, the motor can't have much time on it.

Next up is blocking off the oil injection and going to straight premix.

I got a box of wires and a battery...don't need that any more...LOL.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.