ATV Drag Racer Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The wifes a 4-stroke girl at this point, but nothing rides like the banshee. Has anybody put a 700 in a banshee frame yet? If so...Got any pics and or feedback? (other than the "learn to ride a 2-stroke" comments that I'm expecting) LOL.

·
Registered
35 Posts
QUOTE (WINDYCITYJOHN400 @ Jul 23 2009, 03:44 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=50998The wifes a 4-stroke girl at this point, but nothing rides like the banshee. Has anybody put a 700 in a banshee frame yet? If so...Got any pics and or feedback? (other than the "learn to ride a 2-stroke" comments that I'm expecting) LOL.

its gonna be tough getting that tall of an engine in the banshee frame

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just floating the question. No machine made has a better, softer seat than a banshee. The wifes got a 400EX and the seat feels like a sidewalk. I rode a 08 suzuki 450R this past weekend at the dunes and the seat felt like a textbook and the ride was HARSH. (he has it set up for MX so it was real stiff) We've been looking for a 07 SE RAPTOR for her but all the ones listed on ebay never meet the reserve. Everyone still thinks they're worth 5-6-7 thousand yet the top sale price lately is only about $3,400-$3,800. I started thinking about just getting her a basic $1,500-$1,800 Banshee with some works steelies on the front set up for her weight and throw a +6 arm on the back with just the stock shock. (should work well for her light weight) But she isn't crazy about the powerband of the 2-strokes. (she's seen me pull alot of power wheelies next to her and I think shes affraid of it jumping on the pipe and suprising her) So I just thought I'd see if anyone had put a 700 in a banshee frame for a wild custom dunner. Heck I've seen every kind of street bike motor in the banshee frame, why not a 700. It's not the 500cc twin 4-stroke Banshee that was joked about for April Fools, but it might be cool.

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
go find a 700 and RIDE it it is much different than the 450 mx never sit down bikes.. it is much more rider friendly and a nice easy tqy powrband the potential for more power is easy like the banshee. they are stronger than the 450's i feel a 700 with nice shocks and axle/ a-arms would be great if the seat is too stiff ( i bet you like it) get a taller seat conversion. the 700's frames work great overall and are more comfortable than the banshee chassis.

thats just my opinion

i DO also have an 06 i might like to sell..

·
Premium Member
1,953 Posts
Try a quad tech desert seat on a 700 or a 450r with elka shocks. Otherwise find a different motor the 700 is really tall.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The desert seat may be the answer. Wonder if they can use the banshee style foam? LOL. Lately I'm thinking I might get her a basic "RAT" banshee as a 2-stroke starter quad. Something that won't freak her out with a crazy pipe hit. She's a speed freak so once she gets use to it she'll be wanting more power. LOL.

·
Registered
1,003,688 Posts
QUOTE (Radar @ Jul 26 2009, 09:06 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=51227Try a quad tech desert seat on a 700 or a 450r with elka shocks. Otherwise find a different motor the 700 is really tall.
thats what id try out.....

my fav seat is my kfx 400 seat.. u can ride all day long. my yfz seat sucks !!! i will say , my old stock banshee seat is pretty comfy

·
Registered
18 Posts
The wifes a 4-stroke girl at this point, but nothing rides like the banshee. Has anybody put a 700 in a banshee frame yet? If so...Got any pics and or feedback? (other than the "learn to ride a 2-stroke" comments that I'm expecting) LOL.

Ive put a raptor 700 motor in a banshee before, it was a lot of work. I ended up replacing basically everything because the raptor motor is so much taller than the banshee motor. It turned out kind of cool looking though, the upper framerails went up to the top of the steering hoop it was pretty mad-max looking lol I wish I had pics of it still

·
Registered
18 Posts
Ive put a raptor 700 motor in a banshee before, it was a lot of work. I ended up replacing basically everything because the raptor motor is so much taller than the banshee motor. It turned out kind of cool looking though, the upper framerails went up to the top of the steering hoop it was pretty mad-max looking lol I wish I had pics of it still

You should just get your wife a basic banshee with a 6" arm and some paul turner pipes. And some 22x11x8 8 paddles. She will be stoked if she gives it a fair chance ;-) Long live 2-strokes

·
Registered
603 Posts
It will end up costing you more money to put a raptor motor in a shee frame than you can just buy a raptor for. (or shee). My opinion you need to just get a stock raptor or shee and your wife will learn how to deal with the power in no time. Especially if she is a speed freak. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well, she's now got a banshee. Stock bike that I'm modding with works dual rates, +6 honda style arm, FMF Fatty's, Graydon 2 into 1 intake, ( one carb=less thumb strain) +4 DuraBlue axle, nerfs, steering stabilizer, (EVERY bike should have one) and Extremes and Mohawks. I'm sure she'll love it...I just needed to wait for her to want it. I found out she was more worried about being able to kick start it. She's done that without problems, so now it's game on.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.