ATV Drag Racer Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I seen a banshee a while back that had the rear foot pedal removed and the line ran to the front lever on the bars. I want to do that to my 450, and was wondering where do I find extended braided line? I am thinking I will need about 7-9 feet with the banjo's on them.

Help please????

·
Registered
54 Posts
i just ordered one off of ebay pretty cheap. will cut any length you need and put whatever fittings you want in whatever orientation you need them; and there are a few different colors to choose from. 7-9 feet may be a little long, but i dont know. for my banshee, 75" will leave me a little room to grow if i need a longer swinger. have a +6 right now.

here ya go:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BANS...rcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item19bd28a8a1

·
Registered
240 Posts
I thought about doing the same thing but on the 1/8 mile would you be able to put a enough pressure to stop it at such high speeds?

I just took one of those off. I was for + 12 out back. I'd sell line and lever pretty cheap. It had an odd looking fitting. I don't know what it is called, but it worked. I converted mine back to the foot pedal.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I thought about doing the same thing but on the 1/8 mile would you be able to put a enough pressure to stop it at such high speeds?

I got mine on a while ago and have had a chance to try it out. Stops just as good as it coming from the foot pedal. I just used the stock front brake master cyl since I dont run front brakes.

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
that sucks..

rear brakes off the bars sucks also. the ONE time i rode a bike like that it was a [censored] to let my hand off the bars to reach up to hold the brake lever. made me feel very very uncomfortable. i dont know why anyone would do this unless they were missing their right leg. bouncing through the woops at 80mph i like to be able to hold the fugg on. not have to let go ( basically) to reach up with my hand for the stinkin brakes..

this is a bad idear.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.