ATV Drag Racer Forums banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
500 Posts
QUOTE (500Sabertooth @ Sep 18 2008, 08:50 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=11037Perhaph to be considered a atv, the base motor has to be based on a production ATV motor. Example: Banshee, 250R, Reptor, DS650....ect. Maybe using stock components at a percentage in the area of 30% of the motor. Just a thought. Make it ok to upgrade components to stronger versions, but same overall specs.

Neal

I agree. I dnot know where the line should be drawn, but some thing needs to be said for the atv based motors. Dont get me wrong, the tripples and 4 cylinder motors are very awesome, but what is the limit? What if someone figured out how to put a 426 Hemi in a frame and run it LOL? Maybe there shouldnt be a limit, I dont know. What really annoyed me is when planetsand made the news flash about that bike. Im sure its deserving, but wasnt Eric Oldham just as deserving when he was the first one to get a single cylinder 4 stroke into the threes? Or the first time a twin banshee based motor accomplished a huge feat (sorry, I dont know the banshee or 2 stroke history beings Im a 4stroke guy)?

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
i look at it like this :

1 ITS FREAKING SWEET
2 IT FAST
3 will i EVER race it NOPE
4 will i EVER see it out on the dunes NOPE
5 if i run in a classes event at a track will i ever race it NOPE
6 if i have a drag car that runs 13's will i EVER HAVE TO RACE A FULL BLOWN NITRO CAR NOPE....

it fits the class it was built for i dont care that it may not be an atv. i consider it an atv that goes all the way back to the roots of the sport i'd LOVE to see an ATC 70 sticker on the back and the grab bar off of one on it i think it would suit the sport..

noones bitchin about these 4 cylinder monsters that were ran at tracks lately and are loosely based on a banshee... why's this monster any different...

my hats off to them for the feat of enginerring that had to happen for this thing to work.

·
Banned
328 Posts
It is not a Planet Sand Record Holder, even though Newton recently was certified as a PS track/PSDRA official track.

In order to get PS record, you must run at one of their two official events, Either Gilbert in the spring or AVI in the fall.

That came right from PS himself.

PS does not recognize this as a record. They are promoting the time, which is VERY, Very impressive to say the least and hats off to the whole crew, driver, etc.

I've always been one for rule changes to reflect what's going on currently in the sport.

I applaud the snowmobile guys for as fast as they're going, etc., but I don't think they should be in the same classes as someone who has to manually shift gears...override or not.

Let me rephrase...

In heads up...fine, run what ya brung cc for cc. But any kind of bracket racing or index racing....the classes should be further refined.

I know...I know, that will create more classes, require more effort to organize, etc.

But I know there are plenty of us who ride ATV based motors/frames etc. that feel the same way....

Again, not knocking the Wild thing crew...great job!!!!

Planet$hit only recognizes records at their events, What a joke especially since they have no rules and no need for a back up run. Those records really mean a lot to me.................NOT!

·
Premium Member
3,418 Posts
Mike,

I am only going to say this once.

If you've come here to bash on PlanetSand, you're not going to last long here.

We don't need you to convert from bench racing to bench critiquing.

Bashing them does nothing positive for our site....if you think otherwise, please let me know how you're certain PS bashing helps this site.

You've dug up over a 2 year old post.

This is the only warning you'll get.

If you're truly here to offer "knowledge and advice" stick to that please.

·
Registered
240 Posts
QUOTE (500Sabertooth @ Sep 18 2008, 08:50 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=11037Perhaph to be considered a atv, the base motor has to be based on a production ATV motor. Example: Banshee, 250R, Reptor, DS650....ect. Maybe using stock components at a percentage in the area of 30% of the motor. Just a thought. Make it ok to upgrade components to stronger versions, but same overall specs.

Neal

I agree. I dnot know where the line should be drawn, but some thing needs to be said for the atv based motors. Dont get me wrong, the tripples and 4 cylinder motors are very awesome, but what is the limit? What if someone figured out how to put a 426 Hemi in a frame and run it LOL? Maybe there shouldnt be a limit, I dont know. What really annoyed me is when planetsand made the news flash about that bike. Im sure its deserving, but wasnt Eric Oldham just as deserving when he was the first one to get a single cylinder 4 stroke into the threes? Or the first time a twin banshee based motor accomplished a huge feat (sorry, I dont know the banshee or 2 stroke history beings Im a 4stroke guy)?

Since this is brought backup - Eric wasn't the first single 4 stroke in the 3s. There was one before him.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.